Saturday, August 16, 2014

Holding It Together–C4C #249

C4C249_2014aug16


Hey, there! It’s Saturday so it’s Crazy 4 Challenges time! Plus, since it’s the third Saturday, it’s sketch week :) Helen has a fun sketch for us this week, so let’s get to it!



C4C249Sketch

I will admit to being a little stumped for a bit while planning out this card. BUT, after I decided to think outside the box I came up with using MFT’s new Office Space stamp set and Office Space Die-namics. I’m using the roll of tape as my circular element and it totally works, I think, don’t you?

I started with a Kraft card stock base, then stamped up some patterned paper using Plaid Builder Background and Chocolate Brown ink, Razzle Berry ink, and Insulation Pink ink in my new fave diagonal strips. On a panel of Razzle Berry card stock, I adhered a strip of that and a piece of Primitive Cream card stock that I dry embossed with Jumbo Polka Dot stencil. I cut the tape holder from more Primitive Cream card stock and, after masking of the roll of tape with, well, tape, I inked up the holder with Chocolate Brown ink, removed my mask and carefully inked up the tape roll with Grout Gray ink. I popped that up on foam on the card front.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the set on Chocolate Brown card stock with Whip Cream pigment ink and heat embossed with off white embossing powder, trimmed it down, and popped it up on foam, as well. To finish it off I added some enamel dots.

On the inside, I stamped the tape holder with Insulation Pink ink then overstamped the sentiment with Chocolate Brown ink.


C4C249_2014aug16in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our August Guest Designer,
Donna Wright!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C249.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Office Space, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Chocolate Brown ink, Razzle Berry ink, Insulation Pink ink, Whip Cream pigment ink, Grout Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Razzle Berry card stock, Primitive Cream card stock, Chocolate Brown card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Office Space Die-namics, Jumbo Polka Dot stencil (MFT); enamel dots, foam tape, off white embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! LOVE the pink and brown together! And you rocked that sketch! (It would have had me scratching my head, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...