Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rainbow Hello–SSSC #234

SSSC234_2014aug31

Hey, everyone, it’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and Karen has another classic sketch for us today.


SSSC234
My card started with a Steel Gray Card Stock base on which I stamped Wood Plank Background with Steel Gray Ink. Moving up, the next element is Sweet Tooth Card Stock on which I stenciled some embossing paste with On the Diagonal Stencil, then adhered it to my base. I searched through my stash and found some Sour Apple Card Stock that had been stamped with Steel Gray Ink and Grid Background and I popped that up on foam. Next, I did some water coloring on two pieces of Ranger water color paper. For the “sky”, I did a water color wash with SU! Pacific Point reinker, then on the other piece I did a rainbow water color wash with Grape Jelly Refill, Blu Raspberry Refill, Sour Apple Refill, Lemon Drop Refill, Orange Fizz Refill, and Red Hot Refill from MFT. Using TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello Die-namics, I cut out the “hello”, adhered it to the sky, and added a few clouds from Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics. To see how I did the water color wash, check out my video in THIS post or on my YouTube channel.

SSSC234_2014aug31close


I popped the whole thing up on foam then, following the sketch, I added three metal dots.

SSSC234_2014aug31b


On the inside is a sentiment from LJD Grand Greetings, stamped with Steel Gray Ink.

SSSC234_2014aug31in 


And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Grid Background, Wood Plank Background, LJD Grand Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray Ink, Grape Jelly Refill, Blu Raspberry Refill, Sour Apple Refill, Lemon Drop Refill, Orange Fizz Refill, Red Hot Refill (MFT); Pacific Point Reinker (SU!)
Paper:
Steel Gray Card Stock, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Sour Apple Card Stock (MFT); water color paper (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello Die-namics, Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics, On the Diagonal Stencil (MFT); embossing paste, water brush, enamel dots, foam tape


1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

  1. Great card Bar! Love the pretty rainbow watercolor wash on your die cut Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rainbow colored Hello!!! Great card Barb!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...