Tuesday, May 26, 2009

By the Seashore--MFT Idol Judges Entry


[Don't forget, there's blogaversary candy waiting for someone to claim! Be sure to check out this post for the details!]

This card is for the MFT Idol judges competition. I did "go home" last week but each week Kim has been generously giving gift certificates to three of the "judges". Anyone who is qualified to vote is considered a "judge" for contest purposes so this is open to anyone, and is judged by members of the MFT design team. This week's theme is...well, there is no theme. It's wide open to do what you want! Since I'm heading to the beach in a few days, I thought this card would be appropriate :) This will be me in a few days, although without the dog. Aaaaaah, a few relaxing days by the ocean--can't wait!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Night Of Navy, Really Rust, and DP from the Sea Glass Mat Pad by K & Co. Oh! and I'm using SCS Sketch Challenge #229 for my layout. The next element is more Night Of Navy, Soft Sky, and DP. The next element is Night Of Navy, Really Rust, and more DP. The focal image is from the set By the Seashore and was stamped on European watercolor paper from Flourishes with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and water colored with SU! reinkers and a brush, and then I floated some Soft Sky ink on the "sky" area with an aquapainter. WTG's hat was paper pieced with DP from the mat pad, has a little flower brad accent, and is up on a bit of 3M foam square. Then I added some white caps with a white gel pen--they're hard to see but they're there. It was then matted with Soft Sky, Really Rust, and Night Of Navy. I tied a little sailor's knot on one corner and popped it up on 3M foam squares. A larger sailor's knot serves as a ribbon across the bottom. The little sea gull was water colored, as well, and is also popped up on foam squares. I decided to leave the sentiment off--I might just put this in a shadowbox and hang it in my Girl Cave :)

I'm so glad you dropped by today! Don't forget the candy!

~Recipe~
Stamps: By the Seashore (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Night Of Navy, Really Rust, Soft Sky (SU!); Sea Glass Mat Pad (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 3M foam squares, cotton yarn, flower brad (craft store); reinkers (SU!); #3 artist's brush; aquabrush

4 comments:

  1. Great scene, your knot you tied with the twine is awesome! A very cool touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this! That's one of my favorite MFT stamp sets! I'm so jealous that you're off to the beach!! Take a big whiff of that fresh salt air for me! (I need a lesson in tying the sailor's knot. That's awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sailors knots! This is so pretty! You should definitely hang it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! LOVE the twine and the knots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...