Monday, May 11, 2009

Spotlighting Beaded Fresh Cuts


Another double header today. This card is for Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge #14--to use beads and Stampin' B's Challenge #4 to use the spotlighting technique. I'd used beads lots of times but this is the first time I'd tried spotlighting--and I love how it turned out!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, and DP from Cosmo Cricket's Everafter collection. I then tied a dark gray grosgrain ribbon around in a knot and stuck the stick pin through the knot. The focal image is SU!'s Fresh Cuts stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White, on which I used Distress Ink in Antique Linen to matched the distressing on the DP. I stitched around the base card layers and the focal image layers and popped the focal image up on 3M foam squares. The "spot lit" piece was stamped in the same way, but I colored the flower with my blender pen and Tangerine Tango reinker, cut/ embossed all three layers, and popped it up on foam squares, too. OK, I'm liking this card a lot--how about you?

Thanks for dropping in today! Don't forget to come back tomorrow--it's MFT Idol upload day. I'm happy with my project, so drop in and tell me if you like it!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Fresh Cuts (SU!)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango (SU!); Everafter (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/circle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon, stickpin hardware and beads (craft store); sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your stuff, Barbara! It's always the most inspiring blog I go to every day and you have my style -- lotsa layering! BTW, I've tried to vote for you but can't figure out the way to do it, so I'm sorry I couldn't contribute to your winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just lovely. I love the color combo. I never thought of "spot lighting" an image. Something I will definitely have to try! I also wanted to say Thank You for stopping by my blog yesterday and commenting on my "cupcake" flower. Have a super day and be blessed.
    Sazzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, great colors and use of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous---hmmm, I feel a "CASE" coming on. For a moment, after reading your title, I actually thought you glued on tiny little orange beads to your focal image. I was thinking that I would faint if that was actually what you did...like, were you INSANE? Phew, I am glad it was just COLORED in! Absolutely gorgeous, I love this color combo! And the beaded pin looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...