Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Rose--Stamp Simply #89


[Don't forget, there's blogaversary candy waiting for someone to claim! Be sure to check out this post for the details!]

Boohoo! This is my last week as guest designer for the Stamp Simply challenge. I've had a ton of fun and have loved every challenge! This is #89 and we're to use a card/project using our favorite flower. Here's the challenge in Sharon's words:

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! - For some of us, spring is just springing and for others summer may be in full bloom already. But wherever you are, spring and summer are synonymous with flowers -- beautiful flowers. Today's challenge is to pull out your FAVORITE flower stamp and make a beautiful floral creation for us. You ARE allowed to use images or flowers from sources other than stamps (preprinted images, primas, etc.), just as long as some favorite flowers are the main focus of the project. Let us fill cyberland with the fragrance of beautiful flowers this week!!! That's is -- an easy one again!!!

Well, my favorite flower is the rose. I grow lots of them and my favorites are the old garden roses. I'm pulling out another of my "new" PSX stamps--an old garden rose. I absolutely love this card--it's a keeper.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Mellow Moss, Pretty In Pink, and DP from the Madeline paper pad by K & Co., and I ran a piece of pink satin ribbon around top to bottom. The focal image, which reminds me of a Redoute' image, was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below).

I hate to cut any of the image off but they're so large I sometimes have to. Love the Deckle edge I used on this one--reminds me of a picture that's been torn out of an old book. It was popped up on Pretty In Pink with 3M foam squares which was, in turn, matted with Mellow Moss. Then the whole thing was popped up on foam squares. The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Memento Rich Cocoa and cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die, matted with Pretty In Pink and Mellow Moss, then popped up on foam squares. Three Dew Drops in the upper right corner provide balance.

Come along and play with us and make something with your favorite flower--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime88 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

Becky Oehlers

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

I'm so glad you dropped by today! Don't forget the candy!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Rosa (PSX); Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Madeline paper pad (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Dew Drops; Copic markers

6 comments:

  1. My goodness! I almost thought we had our birth dates in common, too, as today is MY birthday. What a beautiful card. And I love roses, too, and just planted nine new ones this year. This card is stunning, actually. I'm going to have to make this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too lovely Barb!! Your colors are yummy and that stamp is -- too elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! This rose is wonderful and I like the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo pretty! Your colors are so soft and mellow--beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card - Barb!!! Love the rose image and your coloring is divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, BOO HOO!!! I think you should be on the Stamp Simply team ALL THE TIME!!! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...