Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grateful Elegance--Color Throwdown #42


[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite MFT Idol contestant (hopefully ME!) until 10pm EDT tonight, May 13th! You'll find the poll HERE. There's a lot riding on this contest, now. One of the Top Four will be awarded a 6-month term on the MFT design team. I really want that person to be ME, so I really need your support! If you're looking for my Idol post, please scroll down to the next entry. Thank you!]

Time is flying--here we are at Color Throwdown #42! Today's colors were chosen by LeAnne and she chose Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, and Basic Black.


I wasn't sure about this combination at first, but, after looking through my DP I ran across my pad of Basic Gray's Urban Prairie. With paper this gorgeous, and the sketch from Mojo Monday Challenge #86, I knew I could figure out something to do.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, and some of that Urban Prairie DP. The next element is Basic Black on which I used a Martha Stewart border punch and more DP. The focal elements use stamps from Verve's Grateful Elegance set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White and colored with Copic markers BG45 and Y21, cut out, and attached together with mini brads. They were popped up on the white and black oval elements with 3M foam squares with some small flat back black jewels as accents, and then each element was also popped up on foam squares. I thought the top looked a little spare so I added a jewel to each upper corner.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD42 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Thanks for dropping by today!

[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite MFT Idol contestant (hopefully ME!) until 10pm EDT tonight, May 13th! You'll find the poll HERE. There's a lot riding on this contest, now. One of the Top Four will be awarded a 6-month term on the MFT design team. I really want that person to be ME, so I really need your support! If you're looking for my Idol post, please scroll down to the next entry. Thank you!]

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Grateful Elegance (Verve)

Paper:
Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron (SU!); Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/Petite Oval Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, brads, flat ba
ck jewels (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart); Copic markers

8 comments:

  1. You & LeAnne are such enablers with using the same papers ... I must go shopping and get this pack!! Your card is awesome ... love the layout! Thanks for the honor of being today's guest designer! Good luck in the contest, you have my vote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Barbara, great color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Of course, I do have a penchant for that particular paper (hee hee)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a great sketch and I love your triple dose of that beautiful flower!! Of course great minds think alike when it comes to choosing DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... It's fabulous.... very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors, they just reach out and grab you. Great job on the Mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! You did a great job with these colors! That BG paper is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...