Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stamp Out Alzhiemer's Mojo


[Don't forget, there's blogaversary candy waiting for someone to claim! Be sure to check out this post for the details!]

This card is for Mojo Monday #88. I love black and white or black and ivory together, but especially for an anniversary or wedding card. I just found this paper pad recently and I love it! It's (I think--I'm out of town as I write this but I'll double check when I get home) called Ebony and Ivory and it's by K & Co. My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Basic Black, more Very Vanilla, and two patterns of the DP with a black satin ribbon tied around. Following the sketch, the next elements are Basic Black and more DP, accented with black faceted jewels. The focal image uses a stamp from Verve's Wishful Elegance set, stamped twice on Very Vanilla with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and one cut out. After I cut the other one out with a circle Nestabilities die, they were joined together with a "brad" that I made from a designer thumb tack that I got at Office Max, then layered on another circle of Basic Black and popped up on a 3M foam square. The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out with a Nestabilities die, layered on a Basic Black oval, and is also popped up on a foam square.

I'm so glad you dropped by today! Don't forget the candy!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wishful Elegance, Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black (SU!); Ebony and Ivory 8 x 8 paper pad (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, faceted jewels (craft store); ribbon (My Favorite Things); designer thumb tack (Office Max)

[singnature.jpg]

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...