Friday, May 08, 2009

Just a Little Thing--Stamp Simply Challenge #86


It's time for another Stamp Simply Challenge and Sharon wants us to make something small. In her words:

JUST A LITTLE THING - Mothers' Day is just around the corner so let's make "Just a Little Thing" for Mom - or for whomever you please. Today we are making small creations -- and the choice is yours! I LOVE working on a tiny canvas and when I do, I just see *vintage* in my mind's eye (though you need not do vintage if it's not your thing)! You could make an ATC, a bookmark, a small project with an Inchie, a tiny card (3 x 3 or smaller), a gift tag -- whatever you can dream up -- but make JUST A LITTLE THING today. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!! Have fun!!!

I chose to make a 3 x 3 gift enclosure for an anniversary gift. I started with a base card of Whisper White and layered it with Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, and DP from the Victorian mini paper collection by Jenni Bowlin, and wrapped some Mellow Moss wannabe ribbon around that. My focal image is called Rose Cupcake by Karen Lockhart--I was going to link it but I can't find it in Ellen Hutson's store right now so it must be sold out. It was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb paper with Memento London Fog ink because--I wanted a soft look--and colored with Copic markers Y21, Y32, BG93, and BG96. It was then cut/embossed with a Nestabilities square die, as was the Barely Banana mat. The Mellow Moss mat was cut/embossed with a Labels Two die and then it was popped up on 3M foam squares. I added some tiny buttons from my stash and attached the sentiment, which was stamped with Mellow Moss using a stamp from PTI's Mixed Messages set. I sponged some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the base, the focal image, and the sentiment before putting it together. I also dressed up the inside a bit.

Come along and play with us and make something small--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime86 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

Becky Oehlers

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Rose Cupcake (Lockhart); Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana (SU!); Victorian mini paper collection (Jenni Bowlin)
Ink: Memento London Fog; Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon; DMC embroidery floss (craft store); buttons (stash);Copic markers

7 comments:

  1. Major cuteness, Bar! I love that Springy yellow and green together! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Barb!! That image is beautiful!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love how you've used the buttons ... wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable creation. Love how your background paper and stamped image are so beautifully coordinated. Sweet. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fresh and pretty! I LOVE these papers, along with your yummy design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love those tiny flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing - I LOVE all those buttons - so vintage and so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...