Monday, May 04, 2009

Another Mother's Day card


I'd been working on my MFT Idol project all day yesterday so last night I decided I needed to do something ELSE for a bit. A co-worker asked me to make a Mother's Day card for her and this is it. I hope she likes it.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Baja Breeze and DP from the Sea Glass pad by K & Co. I distressed the edges, sponged them with Creamy Caramel ink, and sewed them together. Baja Breeze 1" double stiched ribbon was wrapped around from top to bottom. The focal element is from the Spring Cotton Scraps by Crafty Secrets. I love the soft colors in this piece. It's sewn onto Blush Blossom and Baja Breeze, both of which had their edges distressed and sponged, too, and it's mounted on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from PTI's Mother set and was stamped on more DP with Memento Rich Cocoa, cut/embossed with a Nestabilities tag die, and is also up on foam squares. Vintage buttons, tied on with DMC embroidery floss, and Prima flowers give it a little bit of a Shabby Chic look, I think.

Thanks for dropping by today! Don't forget to stop by tomorrow when I'll have this week's MFT Idol contest entry to show you.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Mother (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Blush Blossom (SU!); Sea Glass pad (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, DMC embroidery floss (craft store); Prima flowers; buttons (stash); scissors, sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love these Cotton Scraps and what you've done with this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb this is gorgeous, so glad you played along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Oh she will love it and if she doesn't you send it to me. this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spring image is just gorgeous! What a beautiful Mother's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, this is FABULOUS! Love those Cotton Scraps, and you did a stunning job with this! Love the flowers and buttons, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...