Thursday, May 28, 2009

Strawberry Time--Sketches! by {Tamara} #97


[Don't forget, there's blogaversary candy waiting for someone to claim! Be sure to check out this post for the details!]

Okey dokey, it's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} card sketch challenge! This is #97 and here's the sketch:


And here's my card. I love strawberries. I love to eat them right out of the garden while they're still warm from the sun. Just blow the dirt off and enjoy :) Strawberry time is about over here and they haven't been as good as usual--probably due to all the rain we got this Spring. So, I decided to put some strawberries that look good enough to eat on this card.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Summer Picnic DSP. The next element is Old Olive with it's border punched and Bashful Blue DSP from the hostess Prints Pack. The focal image is a Karen Lockhart image (I love her stamps!) stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). It was then cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die, matted with Bashful Blue and Old Olive done the same way, and popped up on 3M foam squares. A light blue gingham ribbon tied in a bow with a red button tied on with Perle cotton holds the sentiment on. It's from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black and cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die. I think it's bright and cheerful and would make someone who's sick feel a little bit better. What do you think?

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

I'm so glad you dropped by today! Don't forget the candy!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Strawberries (Karen Lockhart)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Summer Picnic DSP (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Spellbinders dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, Perle cotton (craft store); Copic markers; button (my stash); border punch (Martha Stewart)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb~~ This is such a pretty card... I love your choice of paper and colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this image, the colors, the layout, everything! That gingham ribbon looks great too!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the strawberries, springy colors. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Bar! I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...