Sunday, May 24, 2009

Masculine Birthday

A co-worker asked me to make a card for a male relative and this is what I came up with. I'm loving this Gina K. Designs set "Guiding Light" and it's definitely masculine. My layout is based on a sketch from a new challenge blog: Midnight Madness. This one is for week #2.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Mellow Moss, Really Rust, and DP from Archaic by Basic Grey. I wrapped some twine around it and anchored each corner with an antique copper brad and popped it up on 3M foam squares. The second element is Mellow Moss, Soft Sky, and more DP and a couple of brads. It's also up on foam squares. The focal image was stamped on Flourishes' European watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Stampin' Write markers and a blender pen. I was attempting to do this similarly to the Cape Hatteras light house, thus the colors and the DP choice. After I colored the image, I floated some Soft Sky ink all around with an aquapainter for the sky. It was then cut/embossed with a Petite Oval Nestabilities die as were the Soft Sky and Mellow Moss layers, The gulls were stamped, colored, cut out, and popped up on bits of foam squares. The sentiment is from PTI's Everyday Classics set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Chocolate Chip and attached with foam squares. I think my co-worker will like it.

I'm so glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Guiding Light (Gina K. Designs); Everyday Classics (PTI)
Paper: European watercolor paper (Flourishes); Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Really Rust (SU!) Archaic (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, brads, cord (craft store)

3 comments:

  1. Just wonderful!!! I am sure she'll find it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Very calming image and I like the softer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout, Bar! I love that it's a little offset to the right. I need to do that sometime, and not be so centered! The BG paper is awesome with your design, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...