Sunday, May 17, 2009

Make Each Day a Masterpiece


It's raining here today--did most of yesterday, too. Good for the garden, but not so good for *working* in the garden. So, what do you do when you *have to* stay inside? Stamp, right? Only this card has no stamping on it. It's for the Stampin' B's Challenge #6--to use rub-ons. Since I have no rub-ons except some tiny little sentiments I decided to use a sticker instead and make it the focus of the card. I kinda like it--I'd like to know what you think.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Chocolate Chip and DSP from the Good Morning Sunshine collection by SU! I'm using Jen del Muro's SFYTT from yesterday, so next up was a piece of Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon. The focal image is a sticker from Heidi Grace and is on Whisper White, matted with Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip, all cut/embossed with Nestabilities dies. The sticker layer and the Kiwi Kiss layer are up on 3M foam squares and then the whole thing is up on more. There was a little white space (can't have that, now, can we?) so I added some Fresh Cut Grass Dew Drops. Following the sketch, I added brown and green buttons to each side of the focal image. Easy and pretty cute, don't you think?

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: none
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning Sunshine DSP (SU!)
Ink: none
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, Perle cotton (craft store); ribbon (SU!); sticker (Heidi Grace); buttons (personal stash); Dew Drops

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the color on this Barbara. Great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous...love the GMS dp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That pear paper is so fun...I need to break mine out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo and your use of the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...