Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Fabulous Birthday--Color Throwdown #41


[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite MFT Idol contestant (hopefully me!) until 10pm EDT tonight, May 6th! You'll find the poll here. This week there's a twist: whoever gets the highest number of votes gets to pick a charity to which MFT will make a $50 donation! So, help me get that $50 for the American Cancer Society, OK? And, if you're looking for my Idol post, please scroll down to the next entry. Thanks!]

Here we are at another Color Throwdown--#41. Today's colors were chosen by Danielle and she chose Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, and Baja Breeze. Great combination, don't you think?!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, and Baja Breeze, all with corners punched with the Ticket Corner punch. I'm following the sketch for the Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge with a Twist today. I just got this new Lime Rickey paper pad from Basic Grey and when I thumbed through the pad and saw this paper, I knew I had it! Love those cute little birdies! The three bottom panels are from this pad, matted with Riding Hood Red. After using so much pink and brown over the last few days I wanted to do something BRIGHT! And I gotta tell you, this paper is BRIGHT--but I like it! The focal image uses stamps from Verve's Birthday Surprise set and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. the bird was paper pieced and his wing stamped a second time, cut out, and popped up on a 3M foam square. The balloons were also paper pieced and the green one is propped up with a foam square, too. The sentiment is from the same set and stamped in the same way. Cut/embossed with a petite oval Nestabilities die, matted with Riding Hood Red cut/embossed with a scalloped die, and popped up on foam squares.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD41 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Thanks for dropping by today!

[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite MFT Idol contestant (hopefully me!) until 10pm EDT tonight, May 6th! You'll find the poll here. This week there's a twist: whoever gets the highest number of votes gets to pick a charity to which MFT will make a $50 donation! So, help me get that $50 for the American Cancer Society, OK?And, if you're looking for my Idol post, please scroll down to the next entry. Thanks!]

~Recipe~
Stamps: Birthday Surprise (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze (SU!); Pure Luxury 80lb (Gina K); Lime Rickey 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); Ticket Corner punch (SU!)

7 comments:

  1. This is just darling, Barbara!! I LOVE that Lime Rickey paper! I must have some!! ps - I voted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I LOVE that paper-perfect with this adorable birthday bird! Great card!

    On my way to vote...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute, Bar and I LOVE the Lime Rickey paper with this! I just got that paper at the store the other day and adore those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! That DP is perfect....I don't even think I've SEEN that line yet! You are just on the cutting edge of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so cute!! Love the paper ... an adorable b-day card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love his happy little birthday hat ... and what awesome paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...