Saturday, May 23, 2009

This card comes with a warning label...

...you need to put on your shades! It's BRIGHT! Do it now, I'll wait ;-)

I'm covering three challenges with this card: SCS Color Combinations #219 (Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, and Purely Pomegranate), Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #15 (to make a square card), and the Stampin' B's Challenge #6 (A Specific Supplies/Tool Challenge).

My base card is Whisper White folded to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" with layers of Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Purely Pomegranate and DP from a 5" x 7" paper pad called Destination Paradise by My Mind's Eye. The DP layer was cut in quarters and has an antique brass small brad in each corner. The next element is Brilliant Blue and Purely Pomegranate both punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. The sentiment is from one of Flourishes' newest releases called Nasturtiums and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black and cut/embossed with a circle Nestabilities die, as were the two mats. Then I added some big Prima flowers with a big brad I made with my new Brad Maker Kit by Chatterbox. Just like Build a brads but bigger and fancier. I'm using the largest size on this card. Some punched out leaves and that's it--it's done. Bright, but it's growing on me.

I'm glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Nasturtiums (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, and Purely Pomegranate (SU!); Destination Paradise (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, small brads (craft store); large brad (Chatterbox); border punch, leaf punch (Martha Stewart); Prima flowers

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous and bright! Love the new build-a-brad, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...