Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just a Note–CTD #152 and MFTWSC #30

Wednesdays are one of my favorite days of the week because I get to play Color Throwdown and the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!
 
Today’s colors were chosen by my bestie, Tammy Hershberger. At first I wasn’t sure about them but it ended up being all good :) Here are the colors she chose:

swatch 152

Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started. 

MFTWSCSketch30
I’m using Who’s That Musical Girl? for my card. She’s perfect for that round element and is paper pieced and colored with Copic markers. I pawed through my substantial paper stash and found this Kaiser paper called Hey Birdie that was also perfect—love it when a plan comes together :) Oh, the music note paper is from the MME Lost and Found collection called Union Station. First I’ve seen in brown and I needed brown! ‘Course, I had to do a little distressing, too :) 


MFTWSC30_CTD152_2011jul27
Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set and some sweet music notes.


MFTWSC30_CTD152_2011jul27in

I used these Die-namics dies on this card: Open Scalloped Doily, Simply Scallops Medium, and Notebook Edge

MFT_Open ScallopDoily_PreviewGraphic copy
MFT_SimplyScallopsMedium_PreviewGraphic
Die-namicsnotebookedgeSM

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD152 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 

Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Keva Brown (helping out in July) - How Now Brown Cow (thank you, Keva!!!)
Thanks SO much for stopping by today!!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Who’s That Musical Girl? (
MFT)
Paper: Fine Linen (PTI); Soft Suede (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Hey Birdie 6 x 6 pad (Kaiser Craft); Lost and Found Union Station6 x 6 (MME)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Simply Scallops Medium, Open Scalloped Doily, and Notebook Edge Die-namics dies; lace, stick pins, Copic markers, sewing machine, seam binding



brownwendysignature

16 comments:

  1. Love the music DP and your crinkly bow. Oh, and your stiching...Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable, love the paper peircing and the cute dp you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! So glad I got to meet you in Chicago. It was precious ;) Love your card, beautiful sweet colours and just perfect. Hugs, Kary

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love! You rocked both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...I LOVE the sentiment so much. It's really sweet. Love the music notes inside (I always forget about the inside of cards!) and the seam binding is great. It's just a really pretty card all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that crinkly ribbon! The wonky stitching and all of your die cut elements are wonderful! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara - this is STUNNING! I love the rich, vibrant colors you've used!! Great sketch!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun Barbara!! Love how you tied in the music theme on your crash- image and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I think someone called my colors "blood in the mud" or something like that??? LOLOL Good thing you ended up liking the colors so we could see this fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Barbara!! I love your card, it is so pretty! I forget about that set...I need to find it in my stash! LOL I was so glad I got to meet you, I wish I could of stayed longer! I hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, as always, I have design envy! I know you didn't pick the colors and you didn't pick the sketch, but the composition is so spot on! And the papers are perfect for this color challenge! You are so my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful design, Barbara!! Love your musical scallops and that beautiful deep rose red bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!!! I love all the distressing on it and that red bow is fabulous. I really like the way you sewed on your card. Goes well with the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that set! Beautiful card...the distressing and bow are wonderful. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...