Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MFT July Design Team Creative Challenge--On a Roll

MFT’s July Creative Challenge is a fun one – one I couldn’t resist! Our challenge was to roll paper in some way, If you want to see what some others from the design team did for this challenge, just head on over to the MFT Blog for a list of everyone participating.

I decided to bring out my Rolled Flower Die-namics
die for this. I haven’t used it in a while and it was needin’ some love :)

I’m using a sentiment from the Clearly Sentimental About the Journey
stamp set for this card, stamped on patterned paper and cut out with part of the Well Worn Die-namics set. 

creativechallenge_2011jul12

Then it was just a matter of making my rolled flowers, adding leaves from the Upsy Daisy Die-namics set, and a few embellishments. Since I was doing some extreme distressing on this card, I also rolled some of the corners. To do this, after I’ve used my distressing tool on each side, I take some pointed tweezers and roll up some of the corner points. I also used the Little Open Scallop Border Die-namics die for the inside, along with another sentiment from the set.

creativechallenge_2011jul12in

And that’s it for me today! Thanks SO much for stopping by! 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About the Journey (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Red Hot (MFT); Lille 6 x 6 pad (7 Gypsies)
Ink: Smokey Shadow (PTI); Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz). Rolled Flower, Well Worn, and Little Open Scallop Border Die-namics dies (MFT); Designer brad (SU!); twine (May Arts); distressing tool (Tim Holtz)




brownwendysignature

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully distressed, and I love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Bar!! Those papers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - I am LOVING the soft vintage vibe you've created here! Gorgeous and so lovely!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work, Bar! those rolled flowers are always fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Barbara! Totally loving the vintage feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful and the well worn set is so perfect with your dp, love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Barbara!! Anxiously wating for the well worn set to get here in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How GORGEOUS Bar! LOVE LOVE LOVE those rolled flowers and the sentiment you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, I love the vintage feel. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Bar!! I always forget about the non- scalloped flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is so gorgeously vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the style of this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...