Tuesday, July 05, 2011

MFT July Release Hop and Shop!

It's time! It's time for all the fabulous sets and dies that you've been seeing sneaks of to go live and in the MFT Boutique! It's time to Hop and Shop!!!

If you got here from the amazingly talented Jessie's blog, you're right on track, but if not, you really should head on over to Kim's blog 'cause that's the beginning and I wouldn't want you to miss a thing :)

I'm showing you Inspired by Summer. I love this image with the table and lemonade - so summer-y! And that table--everybody had one of those, right?


I'd been wanting to try one of the Hanging Treat Boxes that my MFT teammate and friend, Christina Fischer, created for SCS - I thought this was a perfect opportunity to give it a try.

Here's the inside with another sentiment from the set.


Another view of the set.


See those flowers? I wanted my flowers to look as much like lemon blossoms as possible, so I did a little research and found that with a little alteration, the Upsy Daisy dies would work. I'm using the smallest and middle sizes for this project.


Simply snip out every other petal and shape them up gently.


Then layer with alternating petals and adhere your center--here I'm using a small yellow button. Isn't it sweet? And very like a lemon blossom, IMO.


In addition, I used Medium Simply Scallops and Well Worn Die-namics dies on this project.




Here are the Copic markers I used.


OK, that's it for me tonight--thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget that someone on the design team is holding some blog candy and if you want to increase your chances of winning, it's a good idea to comment on every design team member's blog. KWIM? 

Now you'll want to slide on over to the fabulous Sherrie's blog to see what she's got for you. You know it will be amazing, right? See you there! And I hope I'll see you in just a little while for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Challenge.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired By Summer (MFT)
Paper: Sour Apple, Banana Split, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Sweetbay 6 x 6 (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Upsy Daisy, Medium Simply Scallops, and Well Worn Die-namics dies, baker's twine, buttons, Dew Drops

26 comments:

  1. I BOW to you oh flower queen! Bar...I LOVE what you did with these flowers (and thanks for the pictures!)...this is a GORGEOUS set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!!! I LOVE it! This set just screams summer! I love the blossom -- clever girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the lemon colors... it really represents summer! Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and I love those little blossoms you made, thanks for sharing, I am going to try that out. Love the colors and design too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barbara, this is too delightful for words! I just love it from top to bototm of your post - the flowers are pure joy! Gorgeous set!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So dog-gone clever! My DH saaw this card and commented that he figured that now I'd have to have that stamp to match our own patio table! Ok, if he insists! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. Great flowers.

    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea with the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew what lemon flowers looked like - thanks for the tutorial! :) Sweet summery card with such pretty coloring - makes me want a lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisies are the BEST! Lovin' your daisies. And your hanging box is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Barbara, yes this flower really looks like a lemon blossom! Fabulous...

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful summery set - your flowers are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect summer card! Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOWZA! These ROCK Barb! Love the little Crystal light holder and that card is AMAZING! Thanks for the flower tut, too... they are gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful summer set Barbara! And thanks for the flower tutorial, those flowers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh, the way you created those flowers is so cool! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara.......Your card is so pretty and those Lemon Blossoms.......Just PERFECT!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I LOVE what you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely treat for a sunny summer afternoon....you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic idea. This is a card that makes you go awwww... and want to sit in the shade to have a glass of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooo! how cool! looove how you did up those daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have seen so many cards using the tree from this set, that I don't even think I realized there was this great image with the table! Awesome project, gf! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...