Saturday, November 06, 2010

Joy To the World - C4C #62

I've said this before--I'm not a fan of square cards. but I guess this is what makes for a good challenge--encouraging one to work outside of their comfort area :) And that's the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge this week that the fabulous Cindy Haffner has for us. Get all the deets at the C4C blog and play along with us.

So, here's my square card. I'm using SCS Sketch #305, but I flipped it around a bit.


I'm using Crate Paper's Snowy Days collection and MFT's new Merry & Bright sentiment set for my focal image, stamped inside one of the awesome borders from the Polka Dot Greetings Die-namics Die and Set. I cut out another layer using one of MFT's newest card stock colors, Grape Jelly, to mat the sentiment element. I added a vintaged up red seam binding bow, a big ol' purple button and a snowflake using the Snowflake Trio Die-namics die set, anchored with a button and twine.


And here's the inside with another sentiment from the set and a border using the Little Open Scallop Strip Die-namics die. I love all the different fonts and sweet little sentiments in this set. It's going to be a go-to set for me, I can already tell. As will that new border die. Love it!


Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C62.

Thanks so much for dropping in today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Merry & Brught, Polka Dot Greetings Die-namics Die and Set (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Grape Jelly (MFT); Snowy Day 6 x 6 pad (Crate Paper)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Snowflake Trio, Polka Dot Greetings, Little Open Scallop Strip Die-namics dies; seam binding; buttons, twine (PTI); sewing machine


15 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! You did a great job with a square card! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the dies you used Barb FABULOUS job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! You'd never know that Square cards are a challenge for you! So glad to be playing with you all again,

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, love the papers and the fabby snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inside and out. Love how you 'played' with the SC sketch....fab creation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely FABULOUS, Barb!!!! Gorgeous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe i forgot to order the Grape Jelly CS??? Yes, I am sure you can, it's me... LOL

    GREAT Card and am SO excited to get my new set, I too loved the variety of fonts !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh super festive, Barbara! I love all the colors and the pretty bow. .everything about your card screams "celebration" and "fun"!! Awesome square card!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright colors of this, and the awesome bow/snowflake embellishment! (I had to fight the urge to buy this paper earlier today, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. Definitely colorful with all the bright and cheery designs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Barbara! Great colors and fabulous detailing! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, your square card is perfect and oh sooooo beautiful! I think you need to make a few more :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Barb! I just love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...