Wednesday, November 03, 2010

MFT November Blog Hop and Shop

OK, you've seen the previews, now it's time to hop and shop! If you got here from Jody's blog, you're good, if not, double back to Kim's blog 'cause that's where all this starts.

I have the honor of showing you Inspired by Winter. I wanted to make a scene with it that I could use for home decor. I love to use seasonal decorations in my home and this one will hang in my bathroom this winter.


I started with an unfinished wooden shadowbox and painted it with Distress Crackle paint. Then I created my scene. I did a trial version just for layout purposes first. The sweet little house was stamped on a Perfect Paper Panel, colored with Copic markers, cut out, and finally I added clear glitter to the roof. Then I started on the trees. I stamped some bare trees, stamped off once, then fully inked, and the same with the evergreen. For the evergreen, I inked it up with Always Artichoke in and added Chocolate Chip to the trunk with a marker. I stamped the smoke on some vellum, added some Copic shading, and cut it out. I used my Copic air brush system to color the sky--both the sunrise (or sunset :)) and the blue. After I glued the house and smoke onto the base, I glittered up the house roof and the foreground. Finally, I stamped the sentiment. The sides, top, and bottom are done to match the main image panel.





Thanks so much for dropping in! Now you need to head on over to the fabulous Cindy's blog to see the sweetness that I'm pretty sure she has for you! And don't forget to SHOP ;-)



~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired By...Winter (MFT)
Paper: Perfect Paper Panels, Sweet Tooth (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich CocoaMemento  Rich Cocoa; Versafine Vintage Sepia; Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories/tools: frame, glitter (craft store); Brushed Corduroy Distress Crackle paint (Ranger)

45 comments:

  1. I am speechless. This is such a beautiful, beautiful and cozy scene. You did a fabulous job on it. The trees, the snow and that smoke! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this isn't art, I don't know what is...I love it! It's amazing what you can do with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly! My jaw just dropped! I want to move right into your little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, just beautiful!
    Sandrad

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, right out of the winter wonderland! Amazing creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing job and the details really pop. I really love how you created a wrap around scene with it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - that is so wonderful. You are super talented & what a wonderful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love home dec items and really like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fabulous & my favorite from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Look at all that fabulous glitter, and I LOVE how you wrapped around the sides. Wow! Very cool chimney smoke, too. This is quite a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally spectacular. What a wonderful piece to hang on your wall for years to come. Can I have one?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of the most beautiful projects I've ever seen. I just keep staring at it taking in every little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melodie (Surrey, England)November 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM

    Oh My!, Barbara, what a cracking project!! It is utterly beautiful, a real work of art ... I want it!! Do hope you've got plenty of bathrooms, 'cos your open-house guests are going to be spending quite a while gazing at this wee wonder, never mind the banging on the door!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE!!!!! and your gonna stick it in the BATHROOM??? OMG! I'd be havin that sucker SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRST THING YOU SEE place.....

    GORGEOUS and the vellum smoke, double colored trees... SO perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Bar! What a gorgeous piece of art for your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! loooove everything about this. it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! You did a SUPER JOB!!!!! :)

    Becky Green

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get out!!!! This is fabulous, Barbara! (So glad you're back into blog world safely and quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so beautiful!! I especially love the smoke coming from the chimney!!perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thud! Absolutely amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you kidding? That is amazing!! It is a beautiful project for any wall! I think I would hang it in an entry for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowzers!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous! I love this scene. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely gorgeous! What talent! You make it sound so easy to do, but I KNOW it isn't. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! That is beautiful. I love the glitter on the snow and how you also carried the image to the sides of the box. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is amazing!! I am definitely going to case this idea - would look beautiful in my bathroom too!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is really stunning! You really created a work of art here. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome way to use that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Barbara, this looks AMAZING! Fantastic scene and shadow box. It's beautiful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  30. A really gorgeous project-love the glitter and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please don't put this in the bathroom! It needs to be center stage somewhere where everyone can see it. Totally speachless!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a work of art! Truly FABULOUS!!! You have to show this off center stage somewhere in your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's goooooorgeous! I mean, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah, don't put it in the bathroom.... send it to ME! LOL

    Absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a pretty scene! The chimney smoke is so ingenious. I would like to spend a weekend in your cozy cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a beautiful work of love! Your did a fabulous job in designing, stamping and coloring this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...