Friday, November 05, 2010

Put a Tag On It - Stamp Simply - #164

This week Sharon has us doing something I really need to do--make some gift tags. Here's what she says:

Nov. 5 - ssnotime164 - Tags are Fun! -- Who doesn't like to make a tag or two!  Tags are small canvases to decorate that we pass on with a gift or use to embellish a card or other project. Today we are making tags -- could be Christmas tags or ANY tag you might need for any occasion -- whether it be a tag to hang on a bag handle or gift or an adornment for a card or other project, let's just have some fun today making tags!!!


I really loved some tags Dawn McVey did a bit ago so I used that inspiration for my tag. Everything I used is from PTI except the seam binding, which I crinkled and tea dyed myself. I used PTI's tag die for the base and just added some elements until I thought I had enough ;-) I made the medallion using Kelly Lunceford's fabulous tutorial, for which I can thank Sharon, as she mentioned it on her blog a while back. The sentiments are both from Holiday Tags 2010.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime164 if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and those of the design team, including our Guest Designer for November, Claudia Rosa of Pretty Pressings.

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Holiday Tags 2010 (PTI)
Paper: Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select Whitel Sugarplum  patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Tag die baker's twine, buttons, twine (PTI); seam binding


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag! I love the medallion, I have to try one of those! Take good care and have a great weekend, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! I love the crisp, holiday feel here Barb! I love those medallions too...they're my favorites (although I rarely make them...!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Barbara! LOVE the medallion ... what a fabulous festive look! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, AJ and Deb used that twine.... feeling like I missed a memo! I love that stuff! Super tag, I have not done that medallion before... but I love them, must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love your medallion with the cute stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It is gorgeous!! I love how you used the Fine Linen paper...for some reason I struggle with that paper. Wonderful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely!! The ribbon is a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Barb- great colors and fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS, girl! Your colors and your layout are stunning! LOVE how this tag turned out...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...