Friday, November 12, 2010

Non-traditional Christmas Colors - Stamp Simply #165

I LOVE non-traditional colors for Christmas! Although, we're seeing them so much any more, they may become more traditional soon ;-) I especially love pink and seafoam green for Christmas. M-mmmmm! Here's what Sharon has to say about it:

Nov. 12 - ssnotime165 - Non-traditional Christmas Colors -- I know I do this every year, but it's a personal favorite of mine!  Let's make Christmas cards or projects today in NON-traditional Christmas colors. So that means NO typical red and green. Personal favorites of mine for Christmas are Bashful Blue, Amethyst, Celery, Pink or Rose. Can't WAIT to see YOUR favorites!!!


So. I went with pink and seafoam green ;-) The picture shows the colors darker than they really are--I couldn't get a lighter version without it looking washed out. I've had this Flourishes Poinsettia and Boxwood set since last year and it has never seen ink! Sinful, I tell ya! I stamped the large poinsettia and the two leaves on an MFT Perfect Paper Panel and colored it with Copic markers. Sorry! I meant to take a picture of the Copics I used (I've had some requests for this) but I forgot! I'll try harder ;-) Then I cut them all out and popped the poinsettia up on Pop Dots--the leaves are adhered to the white layer. The base card is MFT's Sweet Tooth card stock and the green layer is PTI Ocean Tides. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black in and is from Flourishes Holiday Greetings set. Finally, I tied some silver cord around and added some silver flat backed pearls to the flower center. 

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime165 if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and those of the design team, including our Guest Designer for November, Claudia Rosa of Pretty Pressings.

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman--is sitting out tonight: feel better Deb!

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!


~Supplies~
Stamps: Poinsettia and Boxwoods, Holiday Greetings (Flourishes)
Paper: Perfect Paper Panels, Sweet Tooth (MFT); Ocean Tides (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: silver cord, silver flat back pearls, Pop Dots (craft store); Copic markers


11 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...