Saturday, November 27, 2010

MFT December Teaser, Day One


 Can you believe it's time for MFT teasers again!? It's truly scary how fast time is flying, isn't it? Today we're showing you previews of Clearly Sentimental about Teaching (previous Triple Scoop set), Tweeny Teen - You Give Me Wings, and Die-namics Duos - Textile Rectangle Frame & Stamp Set. Before i show you my card, though, here's a few things you need to know:
  • The December Guest Designer Contest begins today and ends on Tuesday, November 30nd at 10 PM EST. The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
  • Teasers begin today and will be daily through Wednesday, December 1st. Be sure to check Kim's blog at 11:00am for links to designers previewing each day. Every day there will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day :)
  • The November Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm December 1st, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.

OK, you got all that? On with my card. I'm using two of the new release sets today: Clearly Sentimental About Teaching and Die-namics Duos - Textile Rectangle Frame & Stamp Set. Every month, the Die-namics frames get better and better, don't they? This month's has two frame patterns, an outline, and several sentiments--you're going to LOVE it!


First, I stamped one of the textile images on Red Hot card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut it out with the matching Die-namics frame, Then I stamped it again, cut the center out before stamping the sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Teaching on it, swiped the edges with black ink, and popped this up on the red layer. The lined paper element was cut with the Notebook Edge Die-namics die, and I finished it off with some black and Kraft gingham ribbon that has a red thread running through it. I also used MFT's Black Licorice card stock on this card.



Thanks SO much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another MFT teaser! This card is also for  Crazy 4 Challenges #65. Get all the deets on the C4C blog.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental about Teaching, Die-namics Duos - Textile Rectangle Frame & Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Red Hot, Black Licorice (MFT); Fine Linen (PTI); Schoolhouse 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Die-namics Duos - Textile Rectangle Frame & Stamp Set, Notebook Edge Die-namics die (MFT); ribbon Pop Dots (craft store)

41 comments:

  1. This card is just so pleasing to the eye Barb! I love the colours and the Country School house feel to it!

    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! love that textile die here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! What a great way to combine these sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOOOOO fab Barbara! LOVE the layout and those papers are FANTASTIC with these stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER Card Barbara... love the tab punch in the center! YOU SO SMART!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. any teacher would love to get that card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! And that pop of red is *perfect*!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this sweet card! Great colors and cute paper! The sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous as always Barb-LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome card! I love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, perfect paper choices and I love how you used this die to frame the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw!!! This card is so cute Barbara!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, Barbara! The notebook paper behind the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card - just perfect for a teacher. Your paper choices are perfect as well as that torn notebook paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Teacher card!!

    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Barbara. Love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card--love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. all these die-namics are 'killing' my budget...lol....fab card

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. Gotta get that new dienamic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I speak for all us teachers Barbara...this is beautifully done and so touching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! I'm a sucker for teacher appreciation cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card, Barb! I love the pretty colors and the die is awesome! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great inspiration: quick, easy and cute!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a sweet card...I know any teacher would just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is perfect Barbara!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The teacher card is so cute. I really love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous teacher card! Any teacher would be lucky to get such a sweet card. I love how you used this die set with other sentiments, it really is versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do want that die and stamp! and now I am wishing that I put in a november order to get the teacher stamp, lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE this, Barb!!! That sentiment is wonderful and you showcased it PERFECTLY!!! A++!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is adorable, Bar! LOVE the rich colors pulled from the papers you used! (And LOOK who had time to make a new blog banner, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty Barbara, love the colors and the fabby papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...