Tuesday, November 02, 2010

MFT November Teaser - Day Four


Alrighty! Did you just LOVE the PIs you saw yesterday? Didn't I tell you they were adorable??? Today we're showing you Jolinne – Winter Recital, Merry & Bright, and Inspired By - Winter. I'm going to show you Merry and Bright, but first...
  • The November Guest Designer Contest continues and ends tonight, November 2nd at 10 PM EST. The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
  • Teasers continue and will be daily through Wednesday, November 3rd. Be sure to check Kim's blog at 11:00am for links to designers previewing each day. Every day there will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day :)
  • The November Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm November 3rd, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.
And here's my card, using a sentiment set called Merry and Bright.


I'd been wanting to do a cut out card and I love the Snowflake Trio Die-namics die so I went with it. First, using Sweet Tooth card stock, I cut the bottom edge of the card front with the Perfect Bracket Edge Die-namics die, then die cut the snowflakes.


Then, using Berrylicious card stock, I lined the inside, also cutting the edge with the Perfect Bracket Edge die and lined up the snowflake cutouts, adhering them to the inside directly under the cutout on the front. Both sentiments are from Merry and Bright, and are only two of the wonderful holiday sentiments in various fabulous fonts that you'll just love! Finally, I added some blue flat back pearls in the snowflake centers and tied some silver cord around in a bow. CAS and I like it :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the last teaser before the blog hop tomorrow night!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Merry and Bright (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth and Berrylicious (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Perfect Bracket Edge and Snowflake Trio Die-namics dies (MFT); silver cord, flat back pearls (craft store)

28 comments:

  1. this is amazing Barb ... love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO!!! I feel SO smart, I did the same thing with my Bigz die...pearls too! LOL

    AWESOME Card and I see simple mass cards with this!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Barbara, to use the die to cut snowflakes from the front of the card! And I like that you used snowflakes on the inside! Simple yet stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous gorgeous! love the die cut snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat design-love the bottom border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Really?! I LOVE IT!!!! And how EASY would this be to mass produce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the reverse snowflakes. Simple with a hugh impact! Beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara,
    What a stunning, elegant CAS card! And I think it could be mass-produced for a holiday greeting.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the cut out snowflakes, too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous--I like how you die cut the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool! Love the use of the negative space for the snowflakes. I just love the Die-namics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thud!! Jaw dropping gorgeous Barbara and so easy to make. Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning card! I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara...you made simple....simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Using the negative space on your card? fabulous!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, great inspiration. tks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. saw this over on SCS earlier today.....LOVE it! it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg!!! SO VERY CUTE. I LOVE THE CARD WITH THE CUT OUT SNOWFLAKES.

    keep up the good work Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it...I have always loved snowflakes and the reverse snowflake is awesosme...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful!! I just love your idea. The cut-out front makes such an impressive card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a FAB idea and perfect execution! LOVE this Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally excellent! Love this idea of the die cut through the base layer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, this is so pretty! Love the inside as much as the outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...