Friday, November 26, 2010

Thinking Of You - Stamp Simply #167

It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge. Today Sharon wants us to use some black on our cards. Here it is in her words:

Nov. 26 - ssnotime167 - Black Friday -- Well, I guess that's what they call today. Yes, here in the US it is the day after Thanksgiving when the Christmas shopping season steps into full gear and all retailers hope to get their books from the red into the black!  So taking our inspiration from that -- today we will use Black in our creations.  Use black as one of your feature colors or merely as an accent, use a black ribbon or other embellishment -- whatever works for you.  I love black accents on cards and can't wait to see what you'll create!

So, think I went a little overboard? Sharon said black accents, but this card is mostly black! But it *is* stamped simply!!


I was thinking I needed a sympathy card for my stash so that's the direction in which I was going with this. I think it could be simply a "Thinking of you" card, too, especially for a male recipient. Anyway, I'm using some K & Company paper called Black and Ivory. I stamped this image from PTI's Through the Trees on Very Vanilla card stock and matted it with Basic Black. I used a rhinestone flourish under that, and a sweet sentiment flag using Lil' Inker's flag die and a sentiment from Through the Trees.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime167 if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and those of the design team, including our Guest Designer for November, Claudia Rosa of Pretty Pressings.

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Through the Trees (PTI)
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla (SU!); Black and Ivory 8 x 8 pad (K & Company)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Flag Die (Lil' Inker Designs); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); rhinestone flourish, Pop Dots (craft store)

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Barbara! Love EVERY l'il thing about this stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning!!! Have a happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Barb! I love the circular scene set against the patterned paper background! The pearls are an exquisite touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this----what a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...