Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CTD #129 and MFTWSC #7

Happy Wednesday! It's time again for the Color Throwdown Challenge and My Favorite Things' Wednesday Sketch Challenge. Our Color Throwdown host for this week is Cathy Rulli and here are the colors she chose:
And here's the MFT sketch. I really love this sketch, too. I *know* this will become a go to sketch for me.
You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter.  The Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.
And here's my card :) I'll admit that when I first saw these colors I was stumped. Two greens? And Ballet Blue? But, then I started looking through my patterned paper - which is what I do when I'm stumped. I came across this K & Co mat stack that I picked up recently at Michaels just because it had this gorgeous hydrangea paper (along with some other really pretty florals) and half my work was done. This paper and this sketch pretty much made the card for me, KWIM? I stamped the sentiment from Inspired by Butterflies on Sweet Tooth card stock and trimmed it to match the sketch. Then I made me some Ballet Blue flowers with the Flower and Leaf Trio Die-namics dies and layered them up. Finally, I added the tiny butterfly from the Butterfly Die-namics set and some pearls and it was done! And I love it :) Beautiful paper, a fabulous sketch, and awesome stamps and dies--what's not to love, right?




Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD129 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts...
Joan Ervin, February guest Designer - Stamping With a Passion
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired By Butterflies (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue (SU!); patterned paper (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Flower and Leaf Trio and Butterflies Die-namics (MFT); flat back pearls, pop dots, ribbon (craft store)


26 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Barbara! Great way to use the Die-namics - your flowers are amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Barbara!! LOVE those gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is such a gorgeous card. Love that paper, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wauwwww barbara, i love your card the collors are sooo beautiful!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bar, this is so pretty! I love your papers and all your beautiful flowers. I will DEFINITELY be trying to work this sketch. I love it! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Barbara!!! You did a wonderful job with both the sketch and the colour challenge. I LOVE the blue layered flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the cluster of blue flowers Bar!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, this is sooo pretty! In fact, I'll go so far to say it's one of the prettiest I've seen!! Those yummy colors...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SUCH a knock-out, Bar! That paper is GORGEOUS and I love the layers of flowers you added in your awesome way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sketch and, WOW, gorgeous card! The flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way! Are we such twins or what - even using this paper on the same day! It's gorgeous hey?

    LOVE the card Barbara - you've used the paper and the embellishments beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really rocked these colors with this beauty! I've been hoarding these papers, but you've inspired me to pair these up and use them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning!!!! Your papers are just perfect for the colors this week, Barb....love the added blue flowers and the sketch is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh...LOVE these blooms! I don't remember seeing that die before...sooo pretty ♥ Your paper IS perfect for this card! The sketch is fab too...hope to play along with this one ;] BEAUTIFUL card, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great card! I really enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you come up with - your cards are always so beautiful and inspirational. Wonderful choice of colours.
    Janine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Barb, this is absolutely gorgeous! What beautiful colors and the flowers are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally gorgeous, Barbara! Love those beautiful blue flowers with the pearl centers. Nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic, Barbara! What a perfect combination of papers and embellishments! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Barbara, this is just stunning! Love the colors, the flowers and of course that little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore this card showing one of my fav flowers, hydrangea's.
    The sentiment is just as beautiful x
    Thanks for the inspiration x
    ((hugs))Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wholy crap Barbara....this is stunning!!! I am in awe.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...