Friday, February 04, 2011

Flourishes Pre-release Challenge

Good Friday morning! It's time for Flourishes pre-release challenge! To enter, simply be inspired by the photo above. Use the same florals or colors -- it's up to you how you are creatively inspired! Link your project up here and if you upload to SCS, please use the key word FLLCFEB11. Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don't please play anyway! The winner will receive our entire February release. You have until February 11th at 5 PM Eastern time to submit.

Now, here's how I was inspired by that picture. Not by the colors, not by *those* particular flowers, but by the fact that before long I'll be seeing narcissus popping up in my flower beds just like those crocus are. I have some very early blooming ones that will start sending up foliage any time now--they might get snowed on, but they'll be popping up :) So those flowers coming up through the snow remind me that my narcissus will soon be up and Spring is on the way :)


I'm using the Paperwhites set for my card, I stamped the large image on Classic White card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored them with Copic markers using the Sunflower and Evergreen collections. Then I cut them out and popped them up on a very simple layout and this gorgeous yellow May Arts Ribbon.

And did you see the Flourishes blog yesterday? Starting yesterday, Flourishes will be hosting a progressive sale called our Gambler's Sale. Each week, we will drop prices until the stamp sets listed on the sale page are out of stock. We will start at 10% off and each Thursday, will drop prices by 5% until they reach up to 50% off. Quantities are limited and there will be no backorders on any of the stamp sets facing retirement. So, get these sets before they are history! You can see everything that's on sale right HERE!

Thanks SO much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out how the rest of the Flourishes team has interpreted the inspiration piece! And we hope to see you playing along with the challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Paperwhites (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Kraft (SU!); Ripe Avocado (PTI); Conservatory 6 x 6 pad (7 Gypsies)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: ribbon (May Arts); Copic markers

15 comments:

  1. Love, love your card with the happy yellow colors! Yellow is my favorite color, so its already perfect!! Beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, that's some serious cutting you did there! WOWWEEEEE! This is gorgeous! LOVE the simple background with the text behind those gorgeous flowers, and the ribbon adds just the right yumminess! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I love those flowers also, they are perfect for anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I cannot wait until mine pop up. Cutting out the image really makes it pop.. Great card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is so GORGEOUS! I love your bg and the bow is lovely. Love Flourishes stamps....off to check out the sale. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...just gorgeous! Love them cut out layered over the text background and that bodacious bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bar...this is stunning! Your cut work is gorgeous. I love the warm vibrant coloring, the words behind the image....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just GORGEOUS, Barb! Those flowers are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you were inspired! The bright yellow is so beautiful and sunny. The ribbon is simply scrumptious. We have daffodils up and early cherry blossoms. Much more rain and hail to come yet, though. Your card sure makes me look forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SPringy pretty flowers and oh I adore that yellow ribbon Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP!!! STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! That yellow is SO striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara! I love your card, and this Paperwhites set is now on my wishlist.....you and I had the same thought pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...