Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wishing You a Beautiful Day - CTD #130 and MFTWSC #8

Good morning!! Are you ready for a couple of Wednesday challenges? I'm back with the Color Throwdown and this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge. My bestie, Tammy Hershberger, is the host this week for the Color Throwdown and here are the colors she has chosen:



And, here's the MFT Sketch - another fabulous sketch that I know I'll go back to again.You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter.  The Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


 

So, here's my card. I decided to channel my sweet friend Silke and embrace some white. Nobody does that like Silke and I'll tell you, these colors really threw me for a loop. I sat and looked at the swatches for a long while before I decided to go with mostly white and use the colors for accents. And I ended up with a card I really like.







Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD130 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts...
Joan Ervin, February guest Designer - Stamping With a Passion
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
~Supplies~
Stamps: Framed Greetings (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizazz card stock, Pretty In Pink, Tangerine Tango, and So Saffron DSP (SU!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Framed Greetings, Faux Crochet Border, and Mini Rolled Roses Die-namics (MFT); pop dots, ribbon (craft store); leaf punch (Martha Stewart)
 

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! Bar, this is just beautiful. You make those roses look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar this couldn't be a more gorgeous and more perfect example of an elegant use of today's new sketch! I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous-ness!!!!! Love those sweet little, elegant "Dunkin' Donut" flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Barb...you used the colors to perfection!!! Love how you left all the white space and your flowers are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant Bar! I love those sweet rolled flowers and the white on white with the trim! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhhh...you TOTALLY channeled Silke! I completely agree with you about nobody doing white on white like she does, but you sure could have fooled me! This is stunning, Bar! Awesome idea to make white the focus since the palette threw you for a loop :] Love how you interpreted the sketch. One of these days I'll add the MFT sketches to my go-to challenge list. I keep forgetting to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card and I really like the flowers you created and the added punched branches/leaves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Barbara!! I love how the flowers are real pops of color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...