Tuesday, February 08, 2011

MFT Creative Challenge - Let's Get Digital!

It's time for another MFT Creative Challenge! This month the Creative Team is going digital! We were challenged to use MFT's amazing templates, the calendar files, digi papers, or digital stamps for our projects. I chose to use some digital paper, specifically the Candy Collection. Check out the MFT blog to see who else is playing along in the Creative Challenge today.

The striped paper on my base and the little dots on the bottom butterfly are both from the collection. The dots are actually larger in the original file, but I scaled them down to fit the butterfly size better. Love how you can do that with digi paper!


Pretty simple card, but that paper and, of course, the rockin' Textile Rectangle and the Butterflies Die-namics dies bring that extra little something to the stamping table :) I embossed the Blue Raspberry (currently out of stock) layer with a Cuttlebug folder before cutting it out with the die--that swirly embossing reminded me of butterfly trails. Then I stamped the sentiment on Sweet Tooth card stock (also out of stock) and added the tiny rhinestones (yes, each one individually--I'm just like that, LOL!). I popped it up on foam after I tied that sweet sheer ribbon that my super sweet friend Jody sent me around, then added the three-layer butterfly with some rhinestones for its body. So sweet!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Textile Rectangle Die-namics Die and Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Blue Raspberry, Candy Collection digi paper (MFT)
Ink: Bermuda Bay (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Textile Rectangle and Butterflies Die-namics Dies, ribbon (MFT); rhinestones, pop dots (craft store)

10 comments:

  1. just beautiful! love the ribbon, papers and that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Barb, love the digi papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the striped paper and the pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the embossing looks great on the die cut layer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I love the butterflies and they are made from dies!!! YES! I must check out the digi paper too. I'm really starting to like that medium because it does not take up room on my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the three layer butterfly die! It adds so much dimension to the card! Something else to add to my wish list! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That paper is WAY fun!!! I'm off to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...