Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Keep Cozy–CTD #319

CTD319_2014nov19

Hi, everyone, it’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge. Wanda has chosen a very preppy color combo based on this darling inspiration photo.


swatch 319

My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, 5” square. I am not a fan of square cards but I think this quilt looks best on one so I sucked it up ;-) Next I created my Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics element from Sweet Tooth card stock and tied around some silver cord. I then created some of my “signature” striped paper using Plaid Builder Background and Nightshift Blue dye ink, Cotton Candy dye ink, and Sour Apple dye ink, adding a strip of it to my card base. I also added a strip of silver glitter paper before popping the quilt up on foam. I stamped the sentiment, from Cozy Greetings with Nightshift Blue dye ink on a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and secured it with hot glue under my Royal Rose Die-namics that was cut from Cotton Candy card stock. I finished off with some Royal Leaves Die-namics cut from Sour Apple card stock.

Another sentiment from Cozy Greetings was stamped on the inside with Nightshift Blue dye ink.

CTD319_2014nov19in

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD319 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented November Guest Designer, Petra Swart and our Guest Star Stamper, Doni High!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Petra Swart – November Guest Designer
Doni High – Guest Star Stamper


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Cozy Greetings, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Nightshift Blue dye ink, Cotton Candy dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Cotton Candy card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics, Royal Rose Die-namics, Royal Leaves Die-namics (MFT); silver cord, hot glue/gun, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

5 comments:

  1. So sweet and delicate...love this, Bar!!!! Love the white quilt diecut in the background and the rolled flower is the perfect detail!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You might have pushed me over the edge to get this die! Love the white on white that gives illusion of embossed BG! Gorgeous with the hint of silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Barb. Love the rolled flower and the quilt background. The white looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I love the quilt in all white and your pink rose is showcased perfectly on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your white-on-white quilt, and your custom striped background is fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...