Monday, November 03, 2014

Thankful For You–Catered Crop Recipe Challenge

1cateredcrop_2014nov3

It’s time for another Catered Crop Recipe Challenge and this week. Here’s the challenge, in Linda’s own words:

We’re taking an attitude of gratitude. For this challenge just make a thank you card for any occasion, or, since its the season of thanks, make a Thanksgiving card. We’ll be grateful for it all!

Here’s a Pinterest board to jump start your creativity: Thank You Kindly.”

As you may have read on Linda’s blog, Linda feels that Catered Crop has run it’s course and will end after the next challenge. While it makes me sad, I’m tickled pink that she is enjoying her retirement so much and has moved on to other wonderful things. We all should strive to grow in our lives and she is doing just that--you go, girl! Thank you for allowing me to play along with this fabulous team for this past (almost) year—love you tons!

OK, on to my card. I started with a
Kraft card stock base. Then, on a piece of SU! watercolor paper using Scattered Bars stencil, I colored randomly with Tangy Orange dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, and Kraft dye ink. (I have a video showing the technique HERE if you want to see.)

I trimmed it at an angle, added a narrow strip of
Jellybean Green card stock, and popped it up on a piece of Primitive White card stock, after tying around some hemp cord. All that was then adhered to the card base, then I added a sentiment from Words of Gratitude Die-namics, cut from Tangy Orange card stock. I finished off with some gold glittery enamel dots.

Another sentiment, from Sending Thanks was stamped on the inside with Kraft dye ink.


1cateredcrop_2014nov3in


And that’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you playing with us in the Catered Crop Recipe Swap! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Thankful Thoughts (MFT)
Ink:
Kraft dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, Tangy Orange dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Words of Gratitude Die-namics, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, water brush, glitter dots

1CAS Signature2

2 comments:

  1. Ah . . . I'm just getting caught up in my blog reading and saw this. What sweet words! I'll try to be worthy of them. And, doll, your card is stunning, as always! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I really love your colorful card.

    This is my first time joining the challenge and I had not known it would be my last : (

    All the best to you and the DT.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...