Wednesday, November 05, 2014

MFT November Release Countdown, Day Seven

countdown7_2014nov5


It’s time! Time to start MFT’s November Release Countdown! We have some amazing products again for you this month, along with a surprise :) Today we’re previewing
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, LJD Cozy Mittens, LJD Nordic Knits, and LJD Cozy Mittens Die-namics. Release is on November 11, at 10pm, so mark your calendars now—and get all the details at the MFT Blog

And here’s the surprise: In addition to stamps, Die-namics and stencils, this month MFT is releasing the first 14 colors of their new line of pigment inks!
YES, I said PIGMENT INK!! I’m using a bunch on my Countdown cards this month, and be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all of those details, too :)

Before I tell you about my cards, let me tell you a little about my experience with these pigment inks: coverage is excellent, just excellent, as in I’m blown AWAY excellent! Pigment inks have a bit of a chalky look so the colors are a little more muted than their dye and hybrid ink cousins but all the more gorgeous, IMO. I just LOVE how they look on paper! As you would expect, they do take longer to dry, but totally worth the wait—or, if you’re like me and CAN’T wait, a little help from your heat tool will take care of that. Stamps clean up in a jiffy with water and I noticed very minimal staining—I *am* pretty good about cleaning up stamps immediately. I am in LOVE with these inks, can you tell!?!?

This release might be my favorite one ever, y’all, so hang on to your hats!

NewReleaseCountdown_Day7

I have a couple of cards for you, using all of the products being previewed today. My first card starts with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, the edge of which I stamped with Blu Raspberry pigment ink and an image from LJD Nordic Knits. You won’t believe how long I’ve wanted a set like this! I added a strip of Kraft card stock to a Sweet Tooth card stock panel, then I stamped another image from LJD Nordic Knits with Kraft pigment ink, then a strip of Kraft card stock stamped with Kraft pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. With more Blu Raspberry pigment ink and Kraft pigment ink, I stamped up some mittens created with LJD Cozy Mittens and LJD Cozy Mittens Die-namics, popped them up on foam and stamped the sentiment, also from LJD Cozy Mittens.

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from another set being released this month, Cozy Greetings.


countdown7_2014nov5in
*****

My second card features Blueprints 20 Die-namics at center stage. It’s a darling little quilt set! How cute is that!? Just think of all the color combos you can come up with for this!

CTD317_2014nov5

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then cut another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with the large scallop die from the set. Next, I stamped up some patterned paper on Sweet Tooth card stock with a previously released set, Plaid Builder Background, and Black Licorice dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, and Blu Raspberry dye ink and cut it out with another element from Blueprints 20 Die-namics. Then I created my quilt, using Black Licorice card stock and Sweet Tooth card stock. The little stars inside the blocks were stamped with LLD Mod Borders, another previously released set, and adhered to the card. The sentiment, from Cozy Greetings, was stamped on a double fishtail cut from Layered Treat Tag Die-namics with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then popped up on foam. This card is also for this week’s Color Throwdown challenge.

Another sentiment from Cozy Greetings was stamped on the inside of the card with Black Licorice dye ink.


CTD317_2014nov5in 

And that’s it for Day Seven of MFT’s November Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you back later for this week’s MFTWSC and tomorrow for another Countdown!



1CAS Supplies2

countdown7_2014nov5

 CTD317_2014nov5



~Supplies~
Mitten Card:
Stamps:
LJD Nordic Knits, LJD Cozy Mittens, Cozy Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Blu Raspberry pigment ink, Kraft pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LJD Cozy Mittens Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, clear embossing powder, heat tool

Quilt Card: 
Stamps:
Plaid Builder Background, Cozy Greetings, LLD Mod Borders (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Layered Treat Tag Die-namics (MFT); foam tape


1CAS Signature2

26 comments:

  1. Great colors
    Love the cards
    Can't wait for rest of week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I know this sounds backwards, but I love the piecing on the first card -- the blue knit border next to the thin kraft border on the side, then the kraft on white pattern on the bottom below the brown on kraft cross stitch -- excellent piece work! And of course the plaid under the real piecework of the quilted Blueprint -- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your color scheme for the cards - awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards...am excited about the new inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt card and sentiment! Lots of possibilities with this release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving those mittens! your card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mitten card is cute. I LOVE the quilted card...I have to get that blueprint die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are perfect Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again your cards are amazing. So warm! Love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are fabulous! I love the plaid stamping on the second one, the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the backgrounds you created and how you created the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so sweet! i so knew you'd rock these sets! i can't wait to try the new ink too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Fabulous cards and love the designs you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun cards!!! Love the plaid background...perfect with the quilt squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic cards Barb. Love the cute mittens on the first one. The quilt looking second card is amazing. Love the way the colors show with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the New Blue prints and I'm excited about the new pigment inks since I'm a fan of the Hybrid inks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. Love those mittens.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! I love the colors you selected. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the Blu Rasp and Kraft together on the first one, and your quilt-y card is awesome! The plaid is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The CTD colors are PERFECT with the new Blueprints 20!!! You are a ROCK STAR girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...