Thursday, November 06, 2014

Warm Wishes–MFTCPC #11 + In the Background Video

MFTCPC11_2014nov6

Hi, everyone! It’s the first Thursday of November so that means it’s time for another MFT Color Palette Challenge! This month’s colors are: Red Hot, Berrylicious, Sour Apple, and Grout Gray—a really festive color combo and just perfect for a holiday card.


Print


I REALLY love this color combo! It is perfect for so many occasions—or none, LOL! I’m thinking I’ll be using this one again soon ;-)

Today I’m also sharing a video showing how I make my (obviously) favorite background—one I call Colorful Diagonal Stripes. In this video I also show how I constructed today’s card. To view it, either click on the button below or you can watch in HD HERE on my YouTube channel.




Here’s a quick run-though of how I made this card, too. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, on another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, I stamped up my background, using the single image from Plaid Builder Background and Sour Apple dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Red Hot dye ink, and Grout Gray dye ink. Next I stamped the sentiment, from BB Cool Day on the side of the card base with Black Licorice hybrid ink. I cut some mittens from X-Press It Blending Card using BB Cool Day Die-namics, stamped the image from BB Cool Day with Black Licorice hybrid ink (the strings were stamped with Grout Gray dye ink) and colored them with Copic markers in the challenge colors. Once they dried, I heat embossed the tiny snowflakes from BB Cool Day on the mittens. On a piece of Grout Gray card stock, I stamped the snowflake trio from LJD Snowflake Splendor with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I trimmed that down, added a strip of my stamped background and popped it up on foam on the base. I popped up the mittens and was done.

Here’s the inside, with a sentiment from Cozy Greetings.


MFTCPC11_2014nov6in


And that’s all I have for you today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Cool Day, LJD Snowflake Splendor, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Berrylicious dye ink, Red Hot dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Grout Gray dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
BB Cool Day Die-namics (MFT)l foam tape, white embossing powder, Copic markers

1CAS Signature2

10 comments:

  1. Barbara, I love this sweet, colorful card. Thanks for sharing the wonderful tutorial on the striped background. I even noticed the striped finger nail to go with the striped theme. :)
    I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic design, GF! The snowflakes and stripes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this card! How gorgeous and that striped background is incredible. Can you pleaese run down the details when you mark off the white card stock piece again? I've watched the video twice now and I can't figure out exactly what you measured. I get the grid line part, but I can't figure out what you measured off on the base of the cardstock. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! Love the striped background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Barbara! I feel like I need to get a grid paper first to create my own diagonal stripes like you did. LOL! Love how you blended the colors so well on such tiny images. I also love you embossed the snow flakes in white on the grey cardstock. I was working on some winter cards, and you absolutely gave me an color inspiration. Thanks for sharing!! May

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card..love the trio of mittens and the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and festive! You have sold me on this set! I really must get that plaid background! I love this background, too! Beautiful work, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...