Saturday, November 08, 2014

MFT November Release Countdown, Day Four

countdown4_2014nov8

Hello! Today is Day Four of MFT’s November Release Countdown—today we’re previewing Square Frames Die-namics, Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics, BB Warmest Wishes, and BB Warmest Wishes Die-namics. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the details and remember that release is on November 11 at 10pm.

 

NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

I have a couple of cards using Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics today, along with a couple more new products. First up is one using some of my favorite colors together on a square card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base then created my quilt. I cut the frame from Kraft card stock, then cut the pieces from some already stamped up paper in my stash: Blu Raspberry dye ink on Blu Raspberry card stock and on Sweet Tooth card stock, both using Fine Check Background. The other pieces are Orange Fizz card stock. I “pieced” my quilt and matted it with Blu Raspberry card stock. Next I stamped the sentiment, from BB Warmest Wishes, on Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Stitched Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics and Black Licorice ink, and tied it on with hemp cord and a Blu Raspberry button. I popped it all up on the base on foam.

Another sentiment from BB Warmest Wishes was stamped on the inside.


countdown4_2014nov8in
*****

For my second card, I decided a Christmas quilt card was in order :)

countdown4b_2014nov8

This card started with a Kraft card stock base that I dry embossed with Small Chevron Stripes stencil. I created my quilt with more stamped backgrounds from my stash: Jellybean Green dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, and Kraft dye ink on Primitive White card stock using Plaid Builder Background and Jellybean Green dye ink on Jellybean Green card stock and Primitive White card stock, both using Fine Check Background. I have a couple of photos to show you how I assembled both quilts.


countdown4b_2014nov8step1

I “pieced” them inside the frame on top of a piece of card stock, then placed another piece of card stock on top, sandwiching the quilt between the two. Then I flipped it over and placed lots of tape over the pieces to keep them in place. To be on the safe side, I did apply a scrap of card stock to the back with adhesive before assembling my card.

countdown4b_2014nov8step2

To finish my card, I added a frame, made from Kraft card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Natural Dye ink, then I cut it with the largest of Square Frames Die-namics and popped it up on foam around the quilt.

I added a “merry”, cut from Wild Cherry card stock with Christmas Greetings Die-namics, stamped the sentiment, from part of an image in LJD Grand Holiday Greetings with Kraft dye ink, and finished off with a Kraft button, Wild Cherry button, and Jellybean Green button, all tied with hemp cord.

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments with Wild Cherry dye ink.

countdown4b_2014nov8in

And that’s it from me today! Thanks SO much for stopping by! Hope to see you back tomorrow for Day Three of MFT’s November Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2

countdown4_2014nov8



countdown4b_2014nov8



~Supplies~
Orange Quilt:
Stamps:
Fine Check Background, BB Warmest Wishes (MFT)
Ink: Blu Raspberry dye ink,
Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Kraft card stock, Orange Fizz card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Traditional Tag STAX die-namics, Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics, Blu Raspberry button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape

Christmas Quilt:
Stamps:
Fine Check Background, Plaid Builder Background, Wood Plank Background, LJD Grand Holiday Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Natural dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Square Frames Die-namics, Quilt Square Cover-Up Die-namics, Christmas Greetings Die-namics, Small Chevron Stripes stencil, Wild Cherry button, Jellybean Green button, Kraft button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape

1CAS Signature2

18 comments:

  1. I love how you used the quilt die, it's a very unique die. I think you did a great job with these cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely cards - thanks for showing how you assembled them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I know that my quilter friends would love a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 very lovely - and different - cards using the new Quilt Die-namics. Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautiful, but my favorite is the Christmas quilt. It's so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bar!!! These are amazing, you rocked this die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You are amazingly talented. What lovely cards. I love all these new warm set! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the designer paper you created for the quilt frame cover up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This die looks like it would be lots of fun to work with. Your cards are great, especially the second one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this quilt
    In the wish list

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the quilted die. It reminds me of my Grandmother's handmade quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the die, reminds me of my Grandmother's quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the whole quilt idea. The color scheme is wonderful. Love the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are some gorgeous cards!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snowflake die is a winner! I love all three cards. Your color choices are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...