Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MFT January Creative Challenge - Masculine



Hi, everyone, it's time again for MFT's Creative Challenge. This month we're challenged to make a masculine card. The timing on this was awesome--I needed to make a thank you card for the administrators at my former employer. Since they're both guys, this was perfect!



Sooo, I'm using Thanks a Bunch for the sentiments, both inside and out, and one of my favorite Die-namics sets, Well Worn Greetings. Such a lovely stack of shapes in this set! I'm also using an MFTWSC sketch for my layout, Number 48. I did some stitching, some ink distressing, and finished off the layout with some buttons--much more masculine than the flower I'd normally put there :) I thought these papers also reflected the challenge well.



 Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:


 Thanks SO much for stopping by! To see how the rest of the design team interpreted this challenge, be sure to check out the list of those participating at the MFT Blog.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Thanks a Bunch (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Black Licorice; Times & Seasons 6 x 6 pad (Echo Park)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Well Worn Greetings Die-namics dies (MFT); buttons, twine, sewing machine



9 comments:

  1. What a great card!!! :) Masculine cards are difficult for me...especially with my love of the Who's That Girl (not that I don't like the Who's That Guys sets-there just aren't that many!) and the a la modes!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The papers are perfect for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so great, that dp is perfect for a masculine feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this is perfect!!! Those papers are such a great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Barbara!! Stunning layout and the colors are DIVINE!! Beautiful papers!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this mix of papers! A perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, Barbara. Love these masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the old fashioned papers you chose. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...