Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Remembered Your Birthday–MFT and Scor-Pal Joint Blog Hop!

pleats_2012jan24


Welcome to the
MFT and Scor-Pal Joint Blog Hop! MFT and Scor-Pal are joining up today to bring you some fabulous inspiration. To see a complete list of participating designers from both teams, head on over to the MFT Blog.

Sadly enough, I’m often, shall we say, “tardy” in sending out birthday card? So I thought I’d make a belated birthday card to keep on hand ;-) I’m using MFT’s Textile Greetings Die-namics and Stamp set for my main image and sentiment. I stamped the hounds tooth image and cut it out with the die using my tutorial that you can find
HERE. Then I stamped the sentiment and border then cut it out by hand and popped it on on the main label die cut. I used my Scor-Buddy to make the “pleated” element under the sentiment element using THIS tutorial from SCS and Scor-Tape for my adhesive.

Here’s a close up of it.

SONY DSC


I finished it off with a flower made with my Pretty Posies and Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies. Here’s the inside with the rest of the sentiment :)

pleats_2012jan24in

And here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Textile Greetings Die-namics and Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream, Black Licorice; Sahara Sand (SU!); Blissful 6 x 6 (Authentique)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Textile Greetings, Pretty Posies, Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies (MFT); button, twine, foam dots, Scor-Buddy, Scor-Tape

brownwendysignature

69 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, girlfriend! LOVE the pleating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! It's good to have a few of those late birthday cards on hand, isn't it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these colors Barbara, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara how pretty....very creative love those Authentique papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, that pleated paper is amazing! LOVE that look! Your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and I love the pleating.. I can always use a late birthday card for those oopsie I didn't get it out moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. The pleating is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! The pleating adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card....I think they'll forgive you for being late!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sunny Barbara! Love the pleated paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Bar! That pleated panel is FABULOUS and I love the papers you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Thanks for the great ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog design.

    The colors and patterns you used for your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the flowers - i want those dies!! Thanks for sharing your awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the paper you used. Some of my very favorites. Love the pleats too. cute addition to the card. ksh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and the pleats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Barbara! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job. Love all your die cuts and the wonderful pleated paper. Thanks for sharing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! The pleating is really a wonderful accent here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the pleated element you added to your card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. Two great products coming together - fabulous!!
    PS - Love your new header

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful as always Barb!! Just fabulous colors!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the yellow and gray combination. Very pretty card
    Jan B

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a pretty card, the colors are fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Yellow & Gray combination.
    Very pretty card
    Jan B

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your pleats! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous! Great products. tfs joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous card! I love your choices in color and papers. Those pleats really rock, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol, i send them late too! but with such a cute card, its no biggie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pleats are so cute, they add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I so want those dies! Love your card, especially the pleats! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous design and those pleats are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. love pleating with my scor-pal! this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful card. LOVE the pleats! :)

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  35. So beautiful Bar!!! I love what you did with the scor!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the dp, posies, love that die, the pleats have come so neat, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  37. ok firstly. i am so happy there is a scorpal/MFT blog hop! i just love both products and secondly I NEED inspiration to see how to use the scorpal to its fullest and the MFT dies along side it! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wowzers is this Ever Beautiful Miss Barbara! Love the pleating and the lovely dp's! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card! Your pleating is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a beautiful card, love the elegant feel. Great pleating=)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty card. Love the pleated paper and the colors of the card. Your flower is beautiful also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card. Love the dies you used especially the flower ones!!! Lovely pleated accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome card and love the paper pleating. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I just love the paper pleating!!! I am going to have to go look at that tutorial more closely! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great color combo and love the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Pleated paper. How genius! That's what I love about this industry. It just keeps evolving. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like the way the flower repeats the background design.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous card!! Love the color combo and pleating!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Pretty! I love the color combo - very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the yellow gingham flower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very pretty card. I must admit, I send out a few tardy cards too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  52. beautiful! I love the flower accent

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...