Thursday, January 12, 2012

Flourishes January Sneak Peek - Day Two




Welcome back to day two of Flourishes January Sneak Peeks! Didn't you just love all the gorgeous hearts you saw yesterday? Today's set is a sentiment set--one that's sure to warm some hearts.



I love sentiment only sets! Really love them--you can go CAS with them or you can embellish to your heart's content--I sorta did both with my card today :) A very simple design but one with lots of texture and dimension that nicely frames the fabulous sentiment. 

First of all, I stamped my sentiment of choice on Classic Ivory card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink then cut it out with my Grand Calibur machine and a Labels Four Nestabilities die. That was popped up on a Classic Oval die cut, which was in turn popped up on a Labels Eighteen die cut. All of that was popped up on an embossed base and accented with a heart pearl and bright colored felt hearts cut with Classic Heart and Classic Scalloped Heart Nestabilities.

Now, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today...  

Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)

...because ONE of them is the


for today :) Now, here's a few things you'll want to know about this release:
  • Take advantage of a special limited time only deal and grab all of the new sets for January in the New Release Bundle at 10% off the total price. Get all the details HERE.
  •  Don't forget the New Year Challenge is still in progress.
  • AND, don't forget to check the Flourishes Blog for today's Noon Time Challenge--another way to win a prize!!
  • All winners will be announced on Saturday, January 21st, at Noon CST on the Flourishes Blog.
OK, I think that's all from me! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back tomorrow with another sneak!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Heart Lines (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic Ivory (Flourishes)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Classic Ovals, Labels Four, Labels Eighteen, Classic Heart, Classic Scallop Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders); felt, button, twine, embossing folder, foam dots, heart shaped pearl



46 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layering and embossing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous and eye catching card with the "pop" of pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! These new sets are fantastic for many kinds of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! These new sets are fantastic for many kinds of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Barbara. I really like that sweet little heart. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful. I love these stamps! I enjoy seeing different ways to layer die cut pieces - and it's amazing to me that they are the same color but still have such amazing depth. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and the way the sentiment and heart pop off the card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bar, I adore this card. I just LOVE the way that pink pops off the page with all that delicious white around it -- fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Barbara. I love all the white layers with the pop of color from the heart.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layering of the die cuts...very clever! Lovely use of the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice!! All of the cutouts are very cleverly placed and really make this pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ACK! LOVE this Bar! All the texture is gorgeous and I LOVE the pop of color with the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!! Love the white on white - and the felt hearts are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!! Love the white on white - and the felt hearts are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the embossed background and layered sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really elegant card.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful white on white layering.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The all-white background really makes those hearts stand out. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I simply love white on white and lots of layers--that pop of color set it off. GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card. I never think of using all white! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, all of the white is gorgeous! love the layers and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the white-on-white and beautiful embossing on this, Bar! Perfectly elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just adore white on white, and lots of layers. You did it perfectly. Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute sentiments, and a great card to showcase this one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your card!! I love the sentiment, the layering and the embossing!! In other words, everything about it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the clensyness(is that a word) of your card with just a little pop of color with your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like this card:) The use of white on white is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great white on white and the layers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all the white layers, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I ADORE this one! LOVE the white-on-white design, the layers of die-cuts for the sentiment and the great POP of color from the hearts! YUMMY card, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your elegant card.

    Diana K.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What glorious results on your card with the special new stamps from Flourish. thanks for the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your wonderful white card. It is stunning and these sentiments are amazing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. So Pretty! I love all the layers!
    TFS! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card Barbara! Love all the layers and splash of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  37. All those white layers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your layers on this card are just beautiful Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very pretty--I like the layers and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. STUNNING card! LOVE the contrast of the hot pink heart against the white on white background!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW!!! Love the white on white on white on white!!! FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...