Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thank U–CTD #175

CTD175_2012jan18

Happy Wednesday! I’m back with this week’s Color Throwdown card. This week Danielle is our host and here are her colors and her inspiration piece.

swatch 175

I went pretty simple with my card. First of all I embossed the green background with some large dots. Then I added a die cut panel using MFT’s Polka Dot Greetings Die-namics die using some salvaged corrugated cardboard. Using an image from Thanks a Bunch, I stamped it on a flag from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics set. Then I cut a “u” from By the Letters Die-namics and popped it up beside the “Thanks”. Then I tied some Maraschino Red baker’s twine around and added a patterned paper Rolled Scallop Flower Die-namics flower to finish it off.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

CTD175_2012jan18in

And here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD175 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week.

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Stacy Morgan (January Guest Designer)

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Thanks a Bunch (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Whip Cream, Wild Cherry, Gumdrop Green; For the Record 6 x 6 pad (Echo Park); salvaged corrugated cardboard
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); First Place Award Ribbon, Polka Dot Greetings, Rolled Scallop Flower Die-namics dies, baker’s twine (MFT); embossing folder (Provocraft); foam dots, glue gun, glue stick

12 comments:

  1. Simply GORJESS!!! This is such a fabulous design with the sentiment layers and rolled flower over the twine...I still can't get my flower diecut to roll up like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! Pure perfection, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Barbara! I don't know if you meant to do this...but your card links to MFT stamps. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this sweet, simply design! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the simple layout with all the texture, Bar! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like layout, texture, cuts...all the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple yet bold this is. The flower and twine and very sweet! Lovely card Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the design and mix of textures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is cool! I like the easy peasyness of this Barbara. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous creation Bar! Love the cas look to this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Bar! Love the texture of the embossing, the rolled rose and the pop of red with your "u"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SIM-PLY FABULOUS! Love the cute, clean design, and awesome rolled flower, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...