Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday - CTD #174




Hi, everyone, it's time for this week's Color Throwdown challenge. This week's colors are brought to us by the fabulous Broni and I must say I love them! Here they are with the image that inspired them for her.


You can never have too many birthday cards on hand, right? Right, so that's what I did. I'm using a sentiment from MFT's Vintage Cameo Die-namics and Stamp Set and the Sweet Stack Labels Die-namics set for my focal image. I used a simple layout and embellished with ribbon, lace, and some gorgeous bling, along with a sweet little rose made with a Mini Rolled Roses Die-namics die and some leaves using Upsy Daisy Die-namics.

Here's the inside with a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays.


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:




Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD174 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week.
 
Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Stacy Morgan (January Guest Designer)

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Vintage Cameo Frame and Die Set, Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Whip Cream; Soft Sky (SU!); Lost & Found Breeze and Sunshine (MME); Wedding Ivory Mat Pad (K & Company)
Ink: Memento Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Sweet Stack Labels, Mini Rolled Roses, Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies (MFT); bling, ribbon, lace, hot glue and gun, foam dots



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I like that these colors lend to a sentiment focus without any trouble. These new dies seem to speak to me also. lol Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous birthday card using these colors!! Hey, you can save it 'til July, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classy birthday card! Love the bling and you know I love the rolled rose! April 12 will be here soon you know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO gorgeous Bar! LOVE these papers, the bling and that fabulous yellow flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birthday is less than 2 months away... set this one aside to send to me! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty and elegant, Bar....I just love all the pretty details, especially your rose!!! I still can't figure out how to roll mine to look like a flower...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bar! So elegant with the pretty papers, rhinestone swirls and lovely yellow rose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant birthday card--love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...