Wednesday, January 11, 2012

From the Heart - Flourishes January Sneak Peek, Day One



Welcome to the first day of Flourishes January sneaks! We have a whole lotta love for you this month, starting with this GORGEOUS set, From the Heart.


I decided to go all vintage-y with my card today. First of all I stamped the heart image on patterned paper and cut it out with a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Heart die and sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Then I stamped the sentiment ribbon on Classic White card stock and colored it with the Lenten Rose Copic Collection, cut it out, stamped the sentiment, and popped it on on foam.


 Here's a close up of the ribbon. I just LOVE the shape of this ribbon--so fluid and realistic.


My card layout is simple--just some pretty paper and a doily behind the heart.

Now, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today...  



Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)

...because ONE of them is the



 

for today :) Now, here's a few things you'll want to know about this release:


  • Take advantage of a special limited time only deal and grab all of the new sets for January in the New Release Bundle at 10% off the total price. Get all the details HERE.
  •  Don't forget the New Year Challenge is still in progress.
  • AND, don't forget to check the Flourishes Blog for today's Noon Time Challenge--another way to win a prize!!
  • All winners will be announced on Saturday, January 21st, at Noon CST on the Flourishes Blog.
OK, I think that's all from me! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back later with the noon-time challenge and again tomorrow with another sneak!

~Supplies~
Stamps: From the Heart (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic Ivory, Classic White (Flourishes); Smokey Shadow (PTI); Love Me 6 x 6 (MME)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Classic Scalloped Hearts Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders); Copic markers, foam dots, doily, sewing machine






39 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love the doily behind the heart...and the banner across the heart looks like it is a separate piece...love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love the pretty papers, and the heart is gorgeous!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this card...not too simple...not too much stuff. THis looks like a great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and this will be a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the colored banner on the heart. A perfect layout and layout for this lovely heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Barbara. I love the that you kept the heart uncolored. It makes the sentiment really pop. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vintage card and that great curved banner. You say simple but it looks like a lot of details...great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I just love hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool card! Love the colouring on the banner! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow... that is one gorgeous card!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - lovely, lacey, vintage feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is gorgeous, Barbara! I love the vintage style and the ornate heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty--I like the doily and the popped up sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bar, I think this is just gorgeous! I love this antique feel and the paper you picked... a true beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Barbara! Love how you added color to the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara, this is so pretty. Love the use of the dolily,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, the doilie is a great idea with the heart. So pretty Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barbara,
    I agree with you on the banner ribbon. The close up shot you provided was excellent. I could see all the distressing on the image itself. What a wonderful creation with a wonderful set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the retro look and feel of this card. Love those soft colors,too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this grungy kinda look! The pink banner is gorgeous and I love that you stamped on the lined paper! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This really feels romancey with the vintage papers and the pretty pink banner. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH my goodness, I love it, so dreamy! Love the doily and those papers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful. That heart looks great

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty! The vintage style is absolutely perfect with that tattered banner.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet, Barbara! I like the heart stamped on the lined paper with a doily to set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely Valentine. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty card, Barbara. Love this sentiment and the doily is just beautiful. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really awesome card love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! You have such a knack for picking the perfect papers...so wonderfully vintage and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the ribbon banner, too! It's gorgeous! That's my favorite part. Curious to see the whole set. This is such a romantic and feminine card with all the stuff I love on it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I adore the yummy vintage-ness of this! The papers are perfectly paired with the doily, and the stitching is fantastic! I already told you last week how I love it, but I'll say it again... LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! Love the doily and the fab LO...not to mention this GORGEOUS new stamp set!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the paper doily detail and the way that you coloured the banner is stunning! Great card!!
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...