Friday, June 03, 2011

Flourishes Friday - The Star Spangled Challenge!

It's time for Flourishes Friday! And time for the pre-release challenge!


As we get ready to honor the Independence of the good ole U.S.A, let's see your patriotism shine! Use red, white and blue if you hail from the United States. If you live in other parts of the world, turn to your nation's flag for inspiration! Keyword is FLLCJUNE11. Deadline is June 10th at 5 PM Eastern.

For my CAS card I chose to use Patriotism On Parade. First I stamped the bunting image (I ADORE this bunting!) three times and colored them using the Poppy Collection and the Blue Jean Collection Copic markers. Then I cut them out and adhered them to a Classic White card base. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner and the parade silhouette image just above the row of bunting. Finally, I tied some red, white, and blue baker's twine around to define the line between the bunting and the silhouette. And that's it!


We hope to see you all playing in the challenge this month! For more inspiration, be sure to take a look at what the rest of the design team has for you today:
Thanks so much for stopping by today! June sneaks start Wednesday, June 8th. Be there!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Patriotism On Parade (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Acccessories/tools: baker's twine; Copic markers

20 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Barbara.. I love the way the are marching across your banners. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the bunting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your CAS design Bar. Those Banners just pop with all that vibrant color! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely LOVE this set----I just should get it and be done with it! Love what you've done with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card-love the bunting and I always like silhouette images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did absolutely beautiful work with this set Bar...the kids parading on top of the swags are just so eye catching. And the perfect twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Those buntings look fab and the images above...gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I love what you did with the bunting! That's one of my favorite stamp sets, but I don't think I've ever used that stamp from the set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea with the banner Barbara. This is so cute and very festive for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the parade of people and the bunting makes a great card. Such a great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Barbara! Love the silhouette image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is probably my favorite card EVER with this set! CAS, but with all that wonderful coloring going on. Very crisp and just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is just Fantastic! Love the kids marching across your bunting! Wonderful card!

    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - love the stamp and the red/white/blue twine! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wauw this is stunning!!! love the way you did that!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful CAS card...love those little marchers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design work here! Love the way you put the different elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This could not be any more perfect, Barbara! Absolutely GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...