Tuesday, June 07, 2011

CTD #145 & MFTWSC #23

Long time, no see, LOL!! I’m back now with this week’s Color Throwdown and MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenges. This week’s colors were chosen by Carole and she picked some sweet, soft colors that I love: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Pear Pizazz.
swatch 145

And here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.
 MFTWSCSketch23

Yeah, I flipped the sketch. But it’s a great sketch—I loved working with it and you can be sure I’ll be using it again!

I’m using a sentiment from MFT’s June release called Clearly Sentimental About the Journey and is this month’s Triple Scoop set. Another fabulous sentiment-only set. I decided to go Shabby with this card so I did a fair amount of distressing—both with a tool and with ink. My scalloped border is using the Medium Simply Scallops Die-namics die, my flower was made with the Pretty Posies set, and I added a Leafy Flourish die cut under it. I stamped the sentiment on some patterned paper with Soft Suede ink and cut it out with my Textile Rectangle Die-namics die. It’s amazing what you can do with a few MFT Die-namics dies, I tell ya! Some Copic colored bling, some lace, and some hand aged seam binding finish it off!

MFT23_CTD145_2011jun8

Here’s the inside. I used a stamp from Own Your Story, stamped off twice first, then stamped another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About the Journey.

MFT23_CTD145_2011jun8in


MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

SMALLmediumsimplyscallopsDie-namics

DieNamicsTextileRectangle

SMALLprettyposiesDie-namics

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD145 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Betty Wright - Stamping To the Wright - June Guest Designer 

Thanks SO much for stopping by! 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About the Journey, Own Your Story (MFT)
Paper: Fossil (MFT); Sweet Spring 6 x 6 pad (Prima)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Textile Rectangle, Medium Simply Scallops, Leafy Flourish, Pretty Posies Die-namics dies; bling, lace (craft store); Copic markers BG72 & E31 refill; seam binding; distressing tool (Tim Holtz)

brownwendysignature

16 comments:

  1. wow, this is so beautiful, love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you flipped the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Looks good flipped. I like your choice of dp, and all the lace, ribbon, flowers and bling look so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty! I love that leafy flourish! Very soft, feminine, and shabby chic! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Barbara. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Bar! Those pale shades of the CTD colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful week of creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Bar. This takes my breath away! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO beautiful, Barbara! I love your use of all those die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very deep, and true! That bling is amazing...very pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...