Friday, June 17, 2011

Flourishes Friday–Thanks a Bunch

Hi all, it’s time again for Flourishes Friday and I have another card using the FABULOUS Zinnias set. I decided to go more CAS with this one but I still wanted to color up those blooms. I’m CASEing myself with this card—I made a card similar to this one in the past using some other flowers but I’m changing this one up a bit. 

fridayzinniaswtmk_2011jun17

First of all I stamped the single zinnia image on Classic White card stock and Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored them with Copic markers in the Poppy Collection, Gerber Daisy Collection, the Sunflower Collection, and the Evergreen Collection, then I cut them out. I thought these hot colors would look good on a piece of black paper but it looked a little plain so I added a strip of clear glass glitter for a little contrast. And you can’t see it in this picture, but I embossed an outline of a Labels Seventeen Nestabilities die on the Classic White. Finally, I stamped the sentiment and popped it all up on a black layer and then the base card using Classic White. 

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for your today. And check out THIS blog candy that Christine has going on. 
Remember, today is the last day to take advantage of the June New Release Bundle. Get all the details HERE

That’s it for me today—thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Zinnias (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools:
Grand Calibur, Labels Seventeen Nestabilities

brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. good morning what a verry stunning card!!! love the way you have used the flowers on the black papers!!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Love the flower collection its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the zinnia colors
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These zinnias look gorgeous Bar...such detail in your coloring! The glitter strip looks great too, perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Barbara! There are details here I didn't notice before, like the glitter strip. Love that! Your coloring of these flowers is so rich and gorgeous. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stiking with that vibrant pop of color Ms. Bar! Love the clean and classy layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flowers just pop off the page!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh,, How Pretty!! 8-) Love the colors!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!