Sunday, June 12, 2011

Friendship Is a Million Things

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's HOT here but I did get some garden work done yesterday. My tomatoes are lookin' good :)

Today I have a card using
Clearly Sentimental About Friendship, recently released by MFT. I’m also using How Does Your Garden Grow for the flowers and stems.

friendshipmillion_2011jun13

I had this idea to stamp the sentiment on vellum and place it over the flower stems. It took me forever to find an ink that would stamp a nice clear impression but dry in my lifetime! Finally, I found that Palette Noir Black worked best. OK, so first I cut the vellum with one of the ribbon dies from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics set then stamped the sentiment. I was originally going to stitch across the ends to attach it but I got a little too close on the left end so I simply ran a line with a Quickie Glue Pen on each end and stuck it down. It really only shows if you look REAL close. I added some “grass” with the  new Large Simply Scallops Die-namics die and otherwise left it pretty CAS.

Really simple inside, with another sentiment from the set and another flower from How Does Your Garden Grow.

friendshipmillion_2011jun13in

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

OK, that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you  back tomorrow!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Friendship, How Does Your Garden Grow (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Gumdrop Green, Black Licorice (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Potters Clay, Rose Bud, Dandelion
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Large Simply Scallops and First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics dies (MFT); buttons, Pearl cotton

 

brownwendysignature

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...