Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Am Blessed By Your Friendship–MFTWSC #24 & CTD #146

Happy Wednesday! Since it *is* Wednesday, it’s time for another Color Throwdown and MFTWSC Challenge. Today’s colors were chosen by my BFF Tammy, and here they are:

swatch 146 

And here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSCSketch24

The colors are a nice summery citrus combination, so I pulled out my favorite paper for this kind of color palette: the Citrus Mat Stack by K & Co, I love this paper. I decided to make a scrappy kinda card so I chose MFT’s Clearly Inspired by Friendship as my focal image and sentiment, all rolled into one.

MFT24_CTD146_2011jun15


I used several patterns of paper from the collection and embellished with baker’s twine, a button, and a designer thumbtack for the flower center. I used several Die-namics dies for this card:
Medium Simply Scallops, Pretty Posies, Leafy Flourish, and Dainty Doily

MFT24_CTD146_2011jun15in

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

MFT_SimplyScallopsMedium_PreviewGraphic


Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD146 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Betty Wright - Stamping To the Wright - June Guest Designer

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About Friendship (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Citrus Mat Stack (K & Co)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz);
Medium Simply Scallops, Pretty Posies, Leafy Flourish, and Dainty Doily Die-namics dies; baker’s twine, button, designer thumbtack

brownwendysignature

16 comments:

  1. Awww..love both cards, but especially the citrus paper dp as it is such a pretty combo of papers and lovely flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, cheerful card! I like the twine and double buttons with your dp choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that you added the leafy flourish! I forgot about that one! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bar, I love it! Those colours of that paper are so happy, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too, too pretty, Barbara! I love your mix of papers and how you used the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I would love for you to join my show and sell party...you might get some business! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara - It's beautiful. I love have bright and cheerful it is. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the colors and patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the addition of twine to the sentiment panel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these beautiful, bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These papers are perfect for the colors and your details inside and out are right on, Barbara! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet & scrappy card, Barbarino! Enjoy your weekend in Ohio -- color me envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright and beautiful and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, So Pretty! I especially love the sentiment!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...