Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sending Extra Love Your Way - CTD #148 & MFTWSC #26

It's Color Throwdown and MFTWSC time again! I'm the Color Throwdown host this week and these are the colors I chose:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can hear the moans and groans right now, LOL! But we hope you'll give it a whirl and show us your colors!

Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


And here's my card. I went with some Websters Pages paper that had all the colors in it and kept the bold colors to a minimum--as accents, really.


My sentiment is from Well Worn (temporarily out of stock) and I stamped it using the Rock and Roll method--see the edges are a little darker? Love how this look goes with the rustic look of Well Worn. First I cut out the circle using a die from the Die-namics Sweet Stack Labels set, then popped it up on both of the Dainty Doily Duo Die-namics. I used the Pretty Posey Die-namics for my sweet little flower

Here's the inside of my card.










Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD148 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 


Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Betty Wright - Stamping To the Wright - June Guest Designer 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!
~Supplies~
Stamps: Well Worn (MFT)
Paper: Fossil (MFT); Garden Green (SU!); Webster's Pages
Ink: Soft Suede (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Dainty Doily Duo, Sweet Stack Labels, and Pretty Posey Die-namics dies (MFT); twine, button, ribbon, Dew Drops, sewing machine, foam dots

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Those colours are wonderful! I can't recall the last time I used Garden Green....must try to play along with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Bar, this is beautiful! I had a Kraft Die cut out but I couldn't make mine work and yours rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Barbara!! You always use the most beautiful papers! This combo was tough for me but I love all the different DT cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I knew there was a method to your (color) madness! Love the well worn sentiment and the diecuts are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the inspiration. Your card is lovely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made this one look easy, Bar! This was a fun week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUSNESS Sweet Bar! LOVE LOVE the layered doilies!! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so pretty, Bar! Love all those Dainty Doily layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...