Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Live All the Days Of Your Life - CTD #147 & MFTWSC # 25

Back again with another awesome color combo and sketch. Today's Color Throwdown (the ORIGINAL color throwdown challenge) Challenge colors were chosen by Kristen and they are MY kinda colors ;-)


Aren't they yummy? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


And here's my card. I didn't even flip it this week--I did move the embellishment over to the opposite side, though ;-) I thought these Webster's Pages papers were perfect for this color combo. I'm using a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays for my focal image, stamped on the scalloped circle from First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics die set, which is layered on the larger Dainty Doily Duo Die-namics die cut. Other Die-namics dies I used are Mini Film Strip Border, Mini Rolled Roses, Leafy Flourish, and Upsy Daisy.


Here's the inside of my card.


It seems I can't make a card any more with out using a Die-namics die or two, or three - or six ;-)







Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD147 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Betty Wright - Stamping To the Wright - June Guest Designer 

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper: Black Licorice, Fossil, Whip Cream (MFT); Sage Shadow (SU!); Webster's Pages 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); First Place Award Ribbon, Dainty Doily Duo, Mini Film Strip Border, Mini Rolled Roses, Leafy Flourish, and Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies

17 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! I love all of the elements and the patterned paper! Lovely quote too-just all around stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! There is so much beauty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful card, You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely stunning!!
    Love the colors and it is perfect
    with websters pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo beautiful! I love everything about it! I was admiring your card in the email I got from MFT and then I was reading and scrolling and got a shock...my sketch card from last week was there! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful! Mmmmm, you used Webster's Pages! One of my favs! Love all the dies you used! Hey, if you've got them, you might as well use them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this is just pure perfection Bar! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, LOVE the dp and the design

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Love the little cluster of flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, there is goodness everywhere on this card! Suck a beautiful design and lovely papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SOOOO pretty, Bar! LOVE the mix of patterns, and that gorgeous doily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful details, papers, and design! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Barbara! Those roses really caught my eye! I love your layout of colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, Bar! I adore your rolled flowers and that patterned paper is gorgeous!! Beautiful work with the sketch also :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card, Barbara! I love how your flowers echo the patterned paper. Lots of yummy feminine details here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...