Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Miracles

WOW!!! Did everybody have a great time at the CTD 100 celebration?! I know we did!! Thanks so much for all the participation and the wonderful comments--we were just blown away by the response! We had some awesome prizes and will be announcing the winners on Friday, July 16 on the Throwdown blog. And we appreciate all those prizes donated by all those fantastic companies/individual so very much!

So, are you all fired up and ready for a new challenge to help us start our second 100 challenges? Our newest team member, Laura, chose these colors and I love 'em!!!

I decided to do a little CAS with this card because it's my CAS-tastic Wednesday card, too. The challenge is S-I-M-P-L-E--use at least three of these techniques/items on your project: Stamped image, Inked edges, Masking, Piercing, Lace, and Embossing. Fun stuff, huh? I used four on my card: Stamped image, Inked edges, Piercing, and Embossing. Actually, I used two kinds of embossing--does that count twice? ;-)



I'm using Taylor's Sketch #120 for my layout and her stamp set called Faith and Hope. First I dry embossed the top Kraft layer with my Leafy Branch Cuttlebug embossing folder then I stamped the swirly images on PTI Rustic Cream with Versamark and heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder. Then I sponged over top of that with my Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze ink, leaving the embossed areas showing. I love this technique! The rest is just following the layout, with a little paper piercing on the sentiment panel. Finally, I made a rolled flower from MFT felt using the Rolled Flower Die-namics die and a couple of leaves with Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla satin ribbon.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD101 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity--on leave for several weeks
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Makiko Jones - MakInk Studio

And, I hope you'll play along with the CAS-tastic Challenge this week, and don't forget to check out my team mates' creations :)

Agata
Angie (Creator)
Bonnie Rose
Deb
Karen
Maylee
Regina

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Faith and Hope (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Basic Black, Kraft (SU!); Rustic Cream (PTI)
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Vintage Sepia; Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Leafy Brance embossing folder (Provocraft); Classic Square and Scalloped Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Rolled Flower Die-namics Die, felt (MFT); ribbon (SU!); Clear Detail embossing powder (Judikins); heat tool


19 comments:

  1. AAACK!!!! I can't believe I didn't get a card done!!!! DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! I SO wanted to play along and roll the dice, this baby needs some new shoes!!!!! **sigh**

    This card is BEAUTIFUL and you answered my **hmmm* about the felt and the rolled flower die! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Barbara! You do CAS just perfectly! And that flower is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm lovin those colors together Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so lovely! The felt flower is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS and love the way you used the colors!! The flower is a perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there!! Okay I love this card so much ....... you know really I love it all from you and your work is very inspiring!!! Can you tell me about that flower die?? When you cut the felt or paper do you just roll and use adhesive as you go?? FANTASTIC!!!

    sahallinger@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you created a fabulous CAS card! I love the subtle embossed BG and totally LOVE that rolled die flower! Will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Barbara! Love the sketch and the fabulous color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Barbara! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work! Love the CAS design, love the flower, love love love!! Fabulously done, My Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Barbara, this is absolutely FABulous!! I love your felt rose...wonderful addition to your beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy color combo, and your card is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card---I recognized that fun sketch right away, and it is perfect for the colors!!! YummY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous! I love that layout with these colors and your felt and ribbon flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome week of celebration this past week!! fun fun fun!! Another great set of colors....I so love the rose you created with the ribbon leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely, Barbara! That rolled, felt flower is just the right embellishment for your simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your rolled flower looks fantastic using felt!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...