Saturday, July 17, 2010

Button, button, who's got the button? C4C46

It's time for another Crazy 4 Challenges challenge! Today Jessie is challenging us to use buttons. Um, yeah, I can do buttons ;-)


This card sorta started out with a tongue-in-cheek take on the challenge. You know, you want buttons? I'll give you buttons, LOL! But the more I worked on it the more I really LOVE how it turned out! I got this strip of crocheted cotton lace--with all those buttons attached--at Hobby Lobby several months back, just knowing one day I'd find a use for it. It was super expensive by the yard, so I only got 1 foot of it--enough for two cards...or one if I messed the first one up, LOL. Anyway, the card is really simple--this paper from Basic Grey's Kioshi 6 x 6 pad matched the buttons perfectly so I went with it. With all those buttons, nothing much else was needed, so I tied a length of vintage seam binding around and stamped this Verve sentiment at the top with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I knew I'd need a good impression since it was going to be stamped on patterned paper and Versafine leaves a very sharp impression.

Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C46.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you create with buttons!

We have a sponsor this week: Some Odd Girl Digi Stamps! You can get the low down about the prize at the C4C blog.

~Supplies~
Stamps: The Risk Plain Jane Stamp (Verve)
Paper: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Kioshi 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories: button trim (craft store); vintage seam binding; ScorTape


32 comments:

  1. What a CLEVER use of buttons this is Barbara!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is OVER THE TOP FABULOUS!!!! I love it soooooooo much! I don't know what it is....but it is amazing - it reminds me of a gypsy lady!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, What a fun card! Love all those hanging buttons and ribbons. Very feminine and such a great sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your dangling buttons, think you must win the prize for using the most buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that! I love that you dangled the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a really fun card. LOVE the buttons and that sentiment is a perfect fit with the BG paper. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and beautiful card!! The buttons sure do match koishi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful and if I lived by you I would come and steal it. I LOVE what you did with those buttons. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely CRAZY about this card! I am off to HobbyLobby to see if they mite have any ribbon here! This is ADORABLE!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Love the BasicGrey paper! Love the trim and those buttons looks so fun like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a romantic card, Barbara! I love it! Great way to use buttons for this weeks button challenge! GORGEOUS! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, Barbara....how FUN is your button/ribbon deely-bobs....soooo cool!!!! LOVE it, clever lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Outstanding card!! Love all those buttons with that gorgeous paper and awesome verse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara, this is outstanding, love the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous dear Barbara, I love the buttons, love that paper...Happy weekend GF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a colorful, "buttonful" card, Barbara! I love it! You outdid yourself creatively with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thud....

    Barbara...this is absolutely chic and gorgeous...I just love the fiber/button effect....I just LOVE it all....really a refreshing and delightful design...kudos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow it is beautiful and it doesn't look super simple. I love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, Barbara! I'm in love with your card. .. it's so pretty! The trimming with the buttons is perfect for the challenge. .. what a wonderfully creative way to use buttons!! So gorgeous!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. very beautiful card!! your cards are really unique and they have their own character!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Barb, this is AWESOME! What a great idea to hang the buttons! This is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous and I love how added those buttons! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow!!!! Button goodness!!! I also love how you stamped on the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Barbara!! This is so pretty!! Great finds at HB! Yay for you to find the way to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeeeeek! I love how you hung all the buttons....so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoa! At first I thought you strung those beads. It is bought that way???? Way cool! The look is amazing and the effect is so striking! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow. I thought Arielle was the button queen but I think you have stolen her crown. Incredible way to showcase those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh WOW! This is one truly creative piece of artwork! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just fabulous! Love all those hangy buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...