Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's à la modes hop time!

So, what do you think of these insanely cute girlies? I know, I KNOW!!! Well, now you can get them in your hot little hands--they are officially released and ready for sale at My Favorite Things right here! If you got here from Sherrie's blog, you're right on track. If not, you *need* to double back to Kim's blog where you can get the deets and where the hop starts. Here's a few things about this new line of stamps:
  • à la modes will be available only in rubber
  • Each set is produced in the USA using the highest quality rubber, with the deepest etch possible.
  • Each image and sentiment is backed on cling foam and scroll cut, making it ready for stamping right out of the bag!
  • Packaged in a clear hang bag, we've also provided the ideal storage solution by including a thick laminated header card in each set that can be used to store the stamp set, in its entirety, after purchase.
  • $10.95 for the 3 x 4" set.
OK, so here's my card. I'm using à la modes in Birthday Girl tonight.

I searched around for a cupcake card template and, while there are plenty out there, none really was what I was looking for--so you know I had to make my own :) I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers--this time I paper pieced the cupcake top. Then I cut her out and popped her up on Pop Dots. I ran More Mustard through my paper crimper and then cut it out and layered it on the card base. Then I cut out the top and popped it up on Pop Dots as well to add a little dimension to that. I cut out some trim with my Jumbo Ric Rac die and embossed it with my Ribbon RE:Creations Grograin Texture Plate, attached it to the top and added a ribbon and bow. The sentiment pieces are punched out and popped on. Other MFT products I used are: Sweet Tooth and Wild Cherry card stock.



Here's the inside with another sentiment from the set:


Thanks for stopping by! Now, head on over to the fabulous Melody's blog and see what sweetness she has cooked up for you.

~Supplies~
Stamps: à la modes in Birthday Girl (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Wild Cherry, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Mango Frost mat stack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Jumbo Ric Rac Die-namics die, Ribbon RE:Creations Grosgrain Texture Plate (MFT); ribbon, Pop Dots (craft store); Copic markers; paper crimper; medium oval and Designer Label punches (SU!)


13 comments:

  1. love it, just love it! such a great template, of course it's perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cupcake card Barbara!!! The MTF goodies look yummy!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I love every thing about it! Great idea to make up the cupcake base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly shaped card! This is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made that template??...it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! You are inspiring me to try out some shape cards....

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is just so much fun...love your cupcake card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I definitely had BIG cupcakes on the brain....this is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shaped card Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your cupcake shaped card. it's perfect for the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wondering if you are going to share the template with your followers? I certainly would like to have it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...