Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Morning Glory - FTTC #77


It's time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC77)! It is the end of the month so we have a challenge host. This month's host is Emily Keaton. Emily is challenging us to use Pins! All kinds of pins will do. Think stick pins, hat pins, safety pins, straight pins, diaper pins, even mini clothes pins or a brooch-style pin. We would love to see what you create!

I love making these beaded stick pins--they add such an elegant and feminine feel to a card, don't you think? I'm using the August flower from Flourishes A Year Of Flowers, Set 2 for my card--I know, I'm early with August, but it's almost here! I stamped it on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. Not sure if you can tell, but the solid blue part of the base card was embossed with my Moroccan Screen Cuttlebug embossing folder for a little interest. I used a white paper doily for the circular element, tied some black twill around in a bow, and stuck the stick pin through the knot. The sentiment was stamped, punched out, embellished with a blue Dew Drop, and popped up on a foam square. I do love the flowers in these sets.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to go see what my team mates are doing with pins today! I hope you'll play along with us and our guest designer, Emily Keaton!
~Supplies~
Stamps:
A Year Of Flowers, Set 3 (Flourishes)

Paper:
Classic White (Flourishes); Basic Black (SU!); Marrakesh 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories/tools:
Cuttlebug, Moroccan Tile embossing folder (Provocraft); oval punch (SU!); Dew Drops; Copic markers; stick pin supplies, foam squares, doily (craft store); twill


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and coloring, Barbara! Bold, beautiful, and stunning! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blue flowers! I love how you colored them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, you and Silke were on the SAME page with the blues and lace doily idea!

    BEAUTIFUL card, girl! Love Love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, this is simply beautiful!! I LOVE the shades of blue you used and the doilie adds such sweetness. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stick pin--those blue beads are SO pretty!! Thanks so much for the gorgeous eye candy this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so blue-tiful Barbara :) Really really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Morning Glories. Wish I could get them to grow here. Your card is so pretty! Love the stick pin with the pretty blue crystal beads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Barbara! Love that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, how fun we used the same Sketch and color theme!!! Your card turned out so elegant and gorgeous!!! Your pin is fab!!! Have fun at CHA!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card you have made and I just love the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! LOVE the color and your decorative pin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow on the wonderful blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful....i love blue flowers and the doily looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...